PDA

View Full Version : how to ship snakes without problems ?

SmokyMtnReptiles
01-06-2004, 01:47 PM
Can Someone tell me and the rest of us just getting started how is the safest and legal way to ship snakes in the united states
Ive got many snakes this year and they have been shipped either airborne,ups,fedex & delta...well now that I have snakes
to ship Im wondering as a new shipper the best way to go without trouble...

thank you in advance......Kev.

jon1048
01-07-2004, 08:17 PM
FEDEX overnight...usually works without a problem. Remember put a heat pad in the box wrapped with a thin amount of paper. Also put newspapre shreads in box and make sure the box is lined with styrofoam. Your best bet is use the box they came in. I use FEDEX overnight Priorty.......Thanks

C. Reynolds
01-10-2004, 10:59 PM
Do you write anthing on the box saying there are live animals or similar terms?

jon1048
01-10-2004, 11:19 PM
Ussually you do not have to. Just put perishable goods markings and the arrows pointing up

jon1048
01-10-2004, 11:21 PM
Make sure you buy a box that says perishable goods. your better off buying a factory marked box then your own marked box

SmokyMtnReptiles
01-11-2004, 01:33 AM
tyvm for the answers.....

Mike and Erica @ MotherGecko
01-13-2004, 03:54 AM
Try this link for Shipping Techniques... (http://www.mothergecko.com/order.html#shdetails)

Here is a link to a page on our website which we explain our precedures to the customer on shipping. Hope it helps. Mike B.

Mike and Erica @ MotherGecko
01-13-2004, 03:57 AM
Well hope that helps with any packing problems. We ship mainly geckos and not nearly as many snakes. Shipping snakes without being in violation of a company's policies can be a whole different can of worms. As far as I know Delta Dash is the only really 'legitamate' way to ship snakes.

SmokyMtnReptiles
01-13-2004, 11:20 PM
tyvm :)

BryonsBoas
01-15-2004, 08:52 PM
Its been a couple of years since the post on it but UPS used to have a clause of not continuing the shipment if an employee deemed to do so and it was up to the shipper to retrieve the animal . I've usd UPS a few times with no probs but can't get the local FedEx guys to touch a box with snakes in it. The Post Office will ship animals but not snakes . They'll ship a 2 ft alligator but not a baby BP(Go Figure).