PDA

View Full Version : Big Apple Thermostats...

Rob Hill/Geckos Anonymous
06-04-2002, 01:34 PM
I am just looking to get some opinions of anyone using either of Big Apple's thermostats.  There are two models available, one for 99.95 and the other for 29.95.  
I would like opinions from people that use either one or both of them as to how easy they are to wire and how well they work for you.  Thank you.

Darin Chappell
06-04-2002, 06:37 PM
I make my own racks, and I get all of my heating supplies from Big Apple.  I use the $29.95 thermostat, and I have had nothing but good experience with it!

It is extremely easy to wire.  You simply plug it into the wall, and plug the heat tape into the thermostat.  Stick the temperature probe up against the heat tape you want regulated (it comes with a suction cup apparatus), and set the temp you want it to be.  That's all there is to it.  The green light is on to show you that it is getting juice, and the red light comes on to show you when it is heating up.  My corns stay at a real comfortable 82 degrees in a room that is about 72 degrees with no problem at all.  I even use a thermometer on the outside of my tubs to make sure that there is a proper temperature gradient.  Everything is great.

I am sure that the more expensive thermostat is great too, but I've never used it.  As good as the less expensive one is, I doubt I'll ever need to either.

Hope that helps -- Good luck