PDA

View Full Version : Lawyer, son guilty of mailing deadly snake

DThomas
01-29-2004, 11:52 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2004/LAW/01/29/snake.conviction.reut/index.html

snakegetters
01-30-2004, 12:15 AM
I hope they do a lot of jail time for getting that snake killed.

I could hope that the people who killed it would do time for animal cruelty, but they probably won't. :mad:

dself40
01-30-2004, 12:32 AM
Easy now folks..lol...But seriously I live about an hour from where this all took place.One of the guys from work has land that joins this EX lawyer.And he has made life hell on everyone up there.This Ex Lawyer is one of them that thinks he can do anything he wants and get away with it.I know I hate to see a snake get killed in the crap that has went on up there.The Ex Lawyer was gonna send a rattlesnake to the fellar but it died before he could get it mailed out.They was talking on the news earlier the loacl news that is and they claim he will more than likely only get 5 yrs.And the guy that killed the snake is in trouble also he shot at the Ex Lawyers sons SUV while he was driving through the guys yard...

dself40
01-30-2004, 01:05 AM
OOpps that should be EX judge.And here is the article in our local paper.

LITTLE ROCK, AR - A father and son today pleaded guilty in federal court, mid-way through their trial on charges they mailed a poisonous snake to a man with whom they had a dispute.

Pocahontas lawyer and former district judge Bob Castleman was on trial with his son, Jerrod Castleman. They were charged with mailing a copperhead to Albert Coy Staton in September 2002.

Late this morning, they each entered guilty pleas to mailing a threatening communication.

The men will be sentenced later. The maximum penalty is five years but federal sentencing guidelines show they could get less time.

Bob Castleman could face 27 to 33 months in prison. Jerrod Castleman could serve between 31 and 44 months.

The men will be free pending sentencing. Last week, U.S. District Judge George Howard, Jr. revoked bond for the defendants after they flunked drug tests. A subsequent test showed the men no longer had drugs in their systems, so Howard heard their pleas today.

Other charges against the men were dropped.

No one was hurt by the snake but the reptile was killed by a shotgun blast fired by a Randolph County sheriff's deputy.

dself40
01-30-2004, 01:06 AM
Well crap I need to got bed and start over..lol..Wasnt in the paper the Local tv stations website sorry for all the goof ups.

Vince
01-30-2004, 10:48 AM
what a dumby didnt he know rattle snakes RATTLE? what was this guy expecting? for his buddy to opean the package and the snake would jump out and bite him?? so what was the charge they plead guilty to? attempted murder? this guy is the reptile version of the unibomber