PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Rich Z - Justyn and Kelli for a great Chat night!!

Monte
02-04-2004, 05:17 PM
I wanted to publicly thank Rich for the use of this fine website - plus Justyn and Keili for taking the "Gecko by the claws" and making our 1st Gecko night chat a success.

What fun. There was a TON of people online in one chat room. It was a little chaotic at times - but already there are plans to make improvements, bring in guests, etc. It will only get better and better!!

Again, thanks for making last night possible. It was way, way cool.

KelliH
02-04-2004, 07:03 PM
Thank you Monte, and thanks to everyone that participated. Wow, we had a pretty big crowd didn't we?

Justyn and I will keep everyone posted on the next chat, which we plan on holding on Tuesday, March 2. We hope to have a guest at the next chat, and as soon as we confirm who the guest will be we will post it here.

Thanks again everybody!

Intense Herpetoculture
02-05-2004, 01:14 AM
Thanks Monte!!! Hopefully the chat will get better and better, and as Kelli said we'll keep everyone posted on the next chat!

A&M Gecko
02-05-2004, 01:56 AM
Hello guys
I am sorry I had to miss that one out but I work at night and I will try to take a day off next time. Sounds like you guys had fun and I hope I can be there next time. I do not have alot of time to go on forums and do them all and my wife is only a coowner (lol) of the bussines but I do all the work by myself.
I hope I can be there next time, regards Alberto.

WebSlave
02-05-2004, 02:13 AM
Sorry I missed the chat!

Did everything go OK? I haven't checked the log to see if there have been any chat room failures, but I'm hoping the changed server Java software has cleaned up the instability it has been suffering for the past month.

Did anyone think to capture the session so they could post it in this forum? Might be an interesting way to let people who could not participate at least see the information that was passed around.

Thanks.

Intense Herpetoculture
02-11-2004, 03:05 AM
Everything went finr Rich, but it would be cool if there was a way to moderate it. Me and Kelli are wanting to invite some guests to chat for about an hour, but we had such a huge turn out last time it is going to be impossible to do it without someone controling the chatter. Also, after the guest it would be free chat where everyone could go at it or something?

Something perhaps like Kingsnake has, when on one can directly ask the guest a question, but they privately send the message to the moderator and the moderator posts the questions in the order received.

What also might work with less trouble is the people can not ask the question until the moderator says it is ok for that person to ask. Like they can send a message to the moderator to ask a question, and then the moderator says when it is ok to post. Just got to hope no trolls show up. Hmm, any ideas anyone?

JungleHabitats
02-11-2004, 09:12 AM
Webslave has made a New Chat schedule forum on the main page , in the first section of forums ( kelli i saw you reading it lol ) so if you would let me or Realvenom know when you plan on hosting the chat one of would be happy to moderate the chat so that everything stays in order and yes we can have it set so that all questions come through use and are then passed to the chat screen. While were both new to the commands and setup we are learning the ropes pretty fastso i think we canmake that happen as smoothly as possible
Thanks and look forward to helping out
Alan