PDA

View Full Version : Personal preference...

screamdreams
02-08-2004, 01:00 AM
I was just curious as to our 'most commonly kept' species. Please take a second to vote for what you think is the 'hottest' on the market.

robin d.
02-08-2004, 01:57 AM
i would have to say... cornsnakes,ball pythons or common bci.... i voted for boa constricotrs though because my love of them, in particul;ar locality boas........... to me nothing quite beats a killer suri or the awesome patterning of longicauda!!!!!!!

Winter
02-08-2004, 01:10 PM
I guessed Ball Python because of the sheer number of imports available to the general public. Also, now that Ball Python morphs are being bred by businesses and private keepers in greater numbers, there are more CBB "wild type" animals available for sale.

That completely aside, almost every "non-reptile person" I have met that keeps a snake has a Ball Python. If they have a lizard instead, chances are good that it is a Green Iguana, too.

Lauren Rost

snappersnak
04-30-2004, 01:30 PM
I have 5 balls but I also have 1 argentine boa (now my daughter's) and 1 dunn's python. Balls are just easier to get hands on and in my opinion prettier than corns or milks. Their heads/neck connection/distiction is not like a boa or python.

snakekid13
05-12-2004, 09:09 PM
I thought ball pythons due to their hardiness and low price they also tend to be less active then the corns and i think that people like being able to just have a snake that'll just stay real calm.

meretseger
07-24-2004, 09:29 AM
Ball pythons are only cheap because there are so many WC ones. Lots of people have problems with WC or farmed balls, they tend to have chronic feeding problems. But they love that word 'Python', and will always choose one over a corn, even if the corn's cheaper. Also most people do want a thicker snake. But I'd say where I live, 19 out of 20 snake owners have ball pythons.

Erin B.

kepster57
09-13-2007, 10:47 AM
Definitely ball pythons, they get more of a heft to them which I think more people are attracted to than more quick and wiry corns and kings. Especially since thats what breeders are pushing now

MDC_Ophiuchus
02-11-2008, 11:39 AM
I voted balls as well. More people I talk to have them then the other choices. They're small but still have the appeal of a large constrictor boid. That's why people love them.