PDA

View Full Version : John Apple - Forum Sponsor

John Apple
02-08-2004, 07:53 PM
Ok this is me....
I am a 4sumpn year old man that has 6 [yes 6] kids ...well 5 and one teenager[ my son will chastise me for calling him a kid now].
I have been breeding and keeping tarantulas for about 20 years or so , got an itching hair rash as I now type. I still collect these guys and every other bug and spider me and my children can find here in Michigan . You might not believe this but Michigan has much to offer by the way of neet inverts.
I spent 4 years in the Army as a 63b20 , got out and went directly to Florida where I have collected everything that I could find down there. Even the Ft Pierce Vagans and the Naples Pink toes. I can remember climbing cypress and palms to look for corns and pink toes.
I left Florida in 93 and have been I Michigan ever since, I still go there every year or so to collect and see old friends. My lovely wife Nicole also has family down there.
My Knowledge of tarantulas is pretty good and my experience is definately hands on.
At this moment I keep around 30 or so species and about 200 tarantulas.
I currently work as a shipping coordinator for an aftermarket company for trucks [Extang corp] been there for over a decade.

Botar
03-16-2004, 03:06 AM
John,

Seems I have followed you here. Nice site. How's the M. robustum? I hope she breeds well for you. I had no trouble with her breeding. She cohabitated with the male for weeks before I sent him off to Scott Scher in NY. I hope you have better luck than I.

Botar

John Apple
03-16-2004, 06:17 AM
hey Charles
Welcome to the site..Lotta good info here and the Original BOI is here.
The female robustom is in her 'home' and I am just waiting on her to dig her hole [which she started two days ago].
Then I'll intriduce the male so he can properly 'drum' her.

Botar
03-16-2004, 11:54 PM
Do what you can to save him because I'm not sure where she is in her molt cycle. As you can see, she's looking like it's been a while. I'd hate for her to munch him then molt on you. Good luck.

Botar

John Apple
03-17-2004, 06:11 AM
Yeah Charles.... I figured she was a while since a molt , but I'm gonna get her Knocked anyhow. and if she is close to a molt then I'll still hold the male. If she has not shed since you had her then she is still knocked, but if she sheds , then she is a virgin again and needs my boy.
I think she will have a hard time eating him ...he is much bigger than her. there is a pic of him in another thread here

misslanie29
01-15-2013, 03:35 PM
Hey John,
I was wondering if you have an on line store or anything. I've been trying to find some way to contact you. I always love going buy your table at the taylors vil expos. Also wondering if you have any ntrest in a hooked out B. Vagans.
Misslanie

hhmoore
01-15-2013, 03:43 PM
Misslanie - the discussion forums are not for solicitations and sales/trade offers (even if the thread is 9 yrs old). Use the messaging systems for personal contacts of this nature, please.