PDA

View Full Version : A few shots of the Bitterroot Valley

Shadera
07-29-2012, 05:01 PM
Went down to "our" house today for some stuff, and I grabbed a few pictures. I know Dennis had wanted to see some, since he likes the area, but I figured I might as well put 'em up on the main forum.

Everything is still hazy from all the fires, which is a shame. When that valley is clear, you can literally see for miles. So pretty. There's still a little snow left at the top of some of the range's peaks, even though it's been 90+ for several weeks now.

St. Mary's Peak, practically in our backyard.
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c118/kachinahl/brv1.jpg

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c118/kachinahl/brv2.jpg

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c118/kachinahl/brv3.jpg

And then the other side of the valley. Mountains in the haze.
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c118/kachinahl/brv4.jpg

Lucille
07-29-2012, 05:18 PM
Beautiful, beautiful mountains views. It looks gorgeous and peaceful.

snowgyre
07-29-2012, 08:24 PM
*le sigh* I miss Montana so much. I lived in Bozeman from 2003-2005 and I loved the Bridgers while I was there. Lovely photos!

Dennis Hultman
08-07-2012, 01:23 AM
That's Great, Shadera! So, it is a done deal and you have the keys? Glad you found your piece of bitterroot.

Shadera
08-09-2012, 09:11 PM
Sorry I missed this. >.<

Thanks guys!

Had the inspection today, and the guy was stunned that a house built in '97 looked as great inside and out as this one does. It's well built, and very well taken care of. All the little stuff totalled is going to be less than a grand to fix. We're thrilled. Spoke to one of the owners today, and we're fairly certain they're going to toss in the llama and the snowblower we want. :rofl:

Closing date is September 12th.

Oh and, the hot tub has some nice views of the western range, for great sunsets. :D

Lucille
08-09-2012, 09:18 PM
Oh and, the hot tub has some nice views of the western range, for great sunsets. :D

How romantic!!! It sounds perfect!!
Take pictures of the cute llama if you get it, hope you do.

rcarichter
08-11-2012, 10:21 PM
Seriously, you get a llama, too? Very fun!

Noelle

Shadera
08-12-2012, 11:29 AM
Seriously, you get a llama, too? Very fun!

Noelle

We hope so. :D I was wanting one anyways as a livestock guardian to keep the coyotes and other small predators from getting my calves, chickens, etc etc etc and the llama fits the bill. A dog would be way too much work, and for just ten acres, probably overkill.

This guy's big, chocolate brown, and oh so fuzzy. I'll get some pictures of him next time I'm down there.

Shadera
09-13-2012, 09:09 PM
Picture from today. Same view as in the first picture in my original post. The smoke has been BAD lately, and air quality is horrible. Can't wait for fire season to be over, and I hope we have a long time before the next time it crawls into the valley. (Oh, and that's the llama in the foreground we were hoping they'd let us keep. Went to the neighbor until it can be rehomed with the 2 horses. :()

We closed yesterday, it's officially ours so the real work can begin. :crap:

(Also attached one of my soon-to-be new snake room and it's hideous, evil bright peachness. *gag*) There's a little blackboard that runs all the way around it. Kinda neat, but I have no idea what I'll do with that. Can't rip it off, because it's glued and I don't want to damage the wall underneath.

radera5
09-13-2012, 09:26 PM
Woww. It looks AMAZING! So beautiful, huge congrats to you! It's a great feeling isn't it :)?

rcarichter
09-14-2012, 10:58 AM
Huge congratulations! Such a beautiful property.
So you don't get to keep the llama?

Noelle

Shadera
09-14-2012, 04:15 PM
Woww. It looks AMAZING! So beautiful, huge congrats to you! It's a great feeling isn't it :)?

Definitely. Went from homeowners to apartment living (which sucks beyond belief for someone who hates people in general), and now back to rural living. Happy dance.

Huge congratulations! Such a beautiful property.
So you don't get to keep the llama?
Noelle

We're not sure why they decided not to leave it for us. Best we can figure is that they wanted him and the horses to stay together. S'okay though, I'll be letting a horse rescue use all 10 acres through the spring to pasture some horses with nowhere to go in exchange for some help fixing up the lean-to and tightening fences. Then, there's a llama rescue one town down from us. :D

Picked up paint at Sherwin this morning. I guess they save your paint colors for six years under your name and each "project". He asked what the paint was for, and the look on his face when I said, "snake room" was great. Whole place went silent. :rofl:

Shadera
09-14-2012, 04:43 PM
I'm a firm believer that Spirit leaves signs for us. Anyone who knows me, knows I'm nuts for raptors. Found this adult redtail hawk tail feather in my flowerbeds this morning. <3

SERPENTS DEN
10-03-2012, 09:26 PM
Can I come live with you?

Shadera
10-03-2012, 09:54 PM
As long as you're willing to shovel some doody. :thumbsup:

If you ever make it out this way give me a holler. We'd be happy to have you visit.

(New snake room pic attached. It's no longer hideous peach, but my favorite combo of cream and tropical ocean blue.)
Also included is our living room before we filled it with boxes and our junk. I love all the vaulted ceilings and windows in this place.
It's only 40 degrees out, but the tub is cranking out a nice 104. :thumbsup:

I'll try to get a decent shot of the moon tonight if it looks like it has been. The smoke has made it bloody red. Pretty cool!

SERPENTS DEN
10-03-2012, 09:59 PM
As long as you're willing to shovel some doody. :thumbsup:

If you ever make it out this way give me a holler. We'd be happy to have you visit.

Shoveling Doody :ack2: not a problem...lol If I'm ever out your way I'll take you up on that offer.