PDA

View Full Version : Leopard Gecko Chat March 2, 2004

Intense Herpetoculture
02-20-2004, 12:24 AM
Just wanted to let everyone know that the next chat will be on March 2, 2004 at 8 pm CST. Our chat guests will be Matthew and Susan Charlton of High Quality Reptiles. If you don't know about them already they are working with a killer variation of the stripe morph called the "red stripe". Start thinking of some questions and we'll hopefully post more information here soon concerning how the first guest chat format will be carried out so we can make sure we don't drown out each other questions. Once we come up with something to allow a smooth guest chat Kelli or I will let everyone know. Also, after the guest chat is open disscussion, so it might be a good time to meet up with some friends online! This will be our first guest chat and our second chat, so make sure to help make it a success and in the future we'll keep bringing in new guests.

Vince
02-20-2004, 12:55 AM
where is the chat located and how can I be part of it? I have a few questions also. thanks so much for putting something like this together, i missed the first one becuse i didnt know how to find it.

E2MacPets
02-20-2004, 01:20 AM
Here's the link to it:

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/chat/chat.php?s=&room=Leopard+Geckos&backforumid=149

For future reference when you are in the leopard gecko forum look to the top right, its just under "Start a new thread" it says "Leopard Geckos Chatroom" and it's highlighted in yellow.

Vince
02-20-2004, 01:22 AM
thanks a lot, when i seen this thread it was on the main page, i wasnt looking threw the leopard geckos fourm. thanks for the info

E2MacPets
02-20-2004, 01:54 AM
Ah, I see. Well you can always go directly into the chatroom and then switch from the main room to the leopard gecko room. Click on chat from any screen.. its uptop on the lowest of the green bars, inside FaunaClassifieds >> Chat

Snakebyt
02-23-2004, 05:08 PM
Too bad the chats are on tuesdays, i work every tuesday night... bummer ill miss them

Intense Herpetoculture
02-24-2004, 10:25 PM
I think from now on we'll try to capture the chat to show everyone that missed it, and we'll post on it the forum.

Lee Slikkers
02-25-2004, 08:46 AM
Slightly off topic but is the Chat feature functioning correctly lately? It seems to have been a bit spotty for me in the last 2 or 3 evenings. I know last night it wouldn't load up correctly for me...

Anyone else having issues with it?

Thanks,

Lee

Intense Herpetoculture
03-01-2004, 11:40 PM
Just to let all that plan on attending the Gecko chat , that the chat will be a moderated chat night . With this all chatters will be called on in a single file order as they are listed in the chat room from top to bottom. To make answering questions by the guest host all questions will be sent to the moderator to be approved to be sent to the main chat screen.This will serve several functions #1 will keep the room from being flooded by questions and casuing it to be impossible to keep up with questions asked and to whom they were sent by . The order will be that the first person in line will be asked if the have a question for the guest host, if thet have a question the can type it as normal and it will be sent to the moderator in charge , the moderator will then approve of the question and then send it to the main screen to be answered by the guest host.If when your tuen comes around and you do not have a question to be asked please simply reply with a "pass" and the next chatter in line will then have there chance to ask a question. i have talked with Kelli and we feel although this may take a lil more time it will best serve all chatters to have their queations answered .

With the chat being moderated ALL chatters will have there questions screened , while im sure all of the people who will be attending this chat have the utmost manners if anyone gets out of line you will receive one warning , after your one warning if you still continue to act up you will be silenced this means you will no longer be able to type and bee seen by the mods or the room but can still stay and learn from the chat. Again i feel confident this should not be needed to be implicated as we all know how to act and behave ...

Ok thanks for reading this important message and we will have a 10 min open chat before the moderating begins on tuesday night

Have fun and we will see you there

JungleHabitats
03-01-2004, 11:56 PM
i can see im gonna have to start using spell check .... my fingers type way faster then my eyeballs can follow lol . but yes any chats that the chat meisters are made aware of we will attend if at all possible an the log of the chat will be posted in the forum of the topic chat so anyone that misses that chat the can have a sitdown and read the chat themselves...

Intense Herpetoculture
03-01-2004, 11:56 PM
Don't forget, open chat after the guest!!!