PDA

View Full Version : ??What type of boas are these??

Chris Steele
02-29-2004, 09:41 PM
Hey

I recieved these boas as columbian redtails without getting photos first. What do they look like to you guys? They are actually more silver and golden than the picture shows.

Help me out! Thanks!

robin d.
02-29-2004, 11:46 PM
Looks bci to me....... prolly colombian or central american

Sybella
03-01-2004, 01:52 AM
Oh yes! That does look like a Central American. However, from what I understand, within localities, you can have polar ends of the spectrum. In other words, there are Columbians that are dark like CA's and CA's that are light and red like Columbians. It's really hard to know for sure.

Here's one of the two I had last year. (I don't have them anymore. I traded them for other animals.)

Sybella
03-01-2004, 01:54 AM
That was actually the paler one I had of the two but I don't have any copies of the darker one on my computer any more.

And, yours have a nicer pattern...more circles! My two males had broken saddles.

Cassafrass
04-28-2004, 07:09 PM
i have a male who looks almost EXACTLY like that, circlebacked and everything. he might be a tad darker but thats the only difference. i was wondering what he is myself cuz he sure doesn't look like a colombian to me. he's maybe 4.5 feet and not grown much at all in the past few months......so i guess he's almost done growing....and definitely odd looking. his name is snookums. :)

Cassie

Mark and Aimee
04-28-2004, 09:03 PM
If they're CBB BCIs, calling them Colombian, Nicaraguan, South American, Central American, whatever... Doesn't really fit. They're COMMON BOAS. BCI. Non-locality specific.

Call 'em what they are, and people won't have to ask these questions!

Personally, anything I cannot verify is simply called a BCI, or Pet Store Boa.