PDA

View Full Version : Hand Raised Captive Born Flying Squirrels

ET Exotics
03-06-2004, 08:11 AM
We have hand raised and captive born baby flying squirrels. These are born right here and not stolen from the wild like others offered. All babies are raised by my wife. We are located in Texas and will ship from Houston. Price is $125 each plus shipping, if shipping is needed. We are breeders of flying squirrels and not brokers selling wild babies stolen from thier mothers. Support captive breeding, buy captive bred.

chigga
04-13-2004, 11:35 AM
How much is the shipping for the squirrels usually run?

ET Exotics
04-14-2004, 08:22 AM
I am sorry to say the cheapest "safe" freight is with Continental airlines. This will run bout $130 per shipment.

SnakeIntheGrass
04-16-2004, 12:17 AM
Squirrels are cool and all but 130 bucks for shipping is more than the cost of the rodent in the first place. You need to become a certified delta shipper at least then it would only cost 70 bucks for shipping. I cannot believe that next business morning with ups would not be a safe way to ship a nocturnal squirrel that would probably sleep the entire time anyway. Drop them off right before the ups place closes and they will be there barely more than twelve hours later. How is this not safe?

ExoticPetsWS
04-19-2004, 02:51 PM
(Squirrels are cool and all but 130 bucks for shipping is more than the cost of the rodent in the first place.)

Shipping fees are high no matter where or what you purchase. I think my prices are very "fair" (reasonably priced) and I always receive the same response, when a customer is told how much shipping will be. I always tell customers it's better to purchase from local suppliers (pet stores, breeders or dealers).

(I cannot believe that next business morning with ups would not be a safe way to ship a nocturnal squirrel that would probably sleep the entire time anyway. Drop them off right before the ups place closes and they will be there barely more than twelve hours later. How is this not safe?)

Here's my problem with the above statement...UPS WILL NOT ship mammals (unless, something changed recently).. They really don't ship reptiles. UPS has a hard time delivering reptiles in a timely manner. I, personally, would not ship (even if they did) ANY mammals via UPS.

Just my thoughts.