PDA

View Full Version : BOI: Too many personal problems

dumje
03-06-2004, 07:26 PM
Hey all...

How do I start this. We all deal with animals. There are things that happen somtimes and animals die without reason. They get sick and can be big problems nursing them back to health. Things get twisted around in deals because some people are not very clear in either the information given or information asked for. My point is the BOI has a purpose and I believe that the purpose is being abused by many people here. To many people get their feelings hurt and begin to bash people and/or businesses within certain threads. We all need to understand mistakes will happen in this business and depeneding on how they are delt with will determine if the business and/or person is on the up an up(good guy). or on the Down low(bad guy)

any comments?

Michael Enriquez
HERPFAUNA PLUS

Wilomn
03-06-2004, 07:37 PM
It's good to see that not only can you read the rules and follow the TOS, NOT, but that as a member of this site for all of ALMOST 2 months you are so well versed in its rights and wrongs.

Perhaps you should learn a little bit about telling the truth and not whining like a baby when you get caught lying. If you actually do a little research here you will see that it is only the bad guys that complain as you are starting to do.

Appologize for your mistakes and move on. But, do it sincerely or not at all.

By the way, this is not suitable for the BOI. Perhaps Sound Off or General Business would be better. One would figure that someone so well versed with the intricate ins and outs of the site would have known that. Go figure.

Wes Pollock

dumje
03-06-2004, 07:55 PM
Wes

I never claimed to be a guro of the BOI. I merely stated my opinion ( I am entitled to have one right?) on what I believe the intentions for this bored is. As far as right or wrong for being here...I believe it is well placed here becasue this is exactly what I want to get out. I as a person never lied to anybody. I as a person never whined to anybody. But you seem to have a problem with dealing with people. You cannot seem to understand a problem has already been solved and move on. You cannot accept the fact that people have had good dealings with an individual that you had problems with.

Michael Enriquez
HERPFAUNA PLUS

Sybella
03-06-2004, 07:56 PM
I agree that people do tend to go a little overboard and get unnecessarily "ugly" here. Some people think they're mods when they're not, think they're gods when they're not, think they're perfect when they're not...but I've come to expect that it's just the "way" of this forum.

Brian Oakley
03-06-2004, 07:57 PM
Michael,
That is what this site is about. Posting both good and bad when it comes to deals with people/companies. Yes, feelings get hurt and I agree that at times some things are taken way too far.
The rules of this site, when it comes at least to posting bad deals is to include detailed info regarding the deal at hand. With that said, what other way is there to conduct ones self when it comes to pointing things out?
Could it be considered whining? I suppose. In most cases MANY of the posts that are put here (bad deal posts) would not have to be here if people were a bit more thoughtful when it comes to selling something. Yes, mistakes do happen, BUT I do not think the following are mistakes: no heat or cold packs in extreme temps, not sending a product when payment is received (trades included), not sending a snake that was the size that was quoted, not communicating with email inquries regarding arrival of payment and following through with shipments, and things like this. The above situations are the cause of almost every post on here when it comes to bad deals or what you call, whining.
In order to get an accurate idea of ones business ethics details like these need to be mentioned. How else can one make a educated decision about the person they might deal with without facts such as these?
Although Wes might have worded it a bit differently than I, I just do not see the point of your post.
Just like your last sentence stated, and I quote, "We all need to understand mistakes will happen in this business and depeneding on how they are delt with will determine if the business and/or person is on the up an up(good guy). or on the Down low(bad guy)". Without detailed information or 'whining', how else can someone come to the conclusion of someone being on the 'up and up' or the 'down low'?

dumje
03-06-2004, 08:01 PM
Brian

I like what you said. But I was merely responding to WES' comments. He said I was whining...when I was not. But from what I see so far. This Thread is going the way I expected it to go...which is very good. I hope it continues this way with more comments from many users that have been here a lot longer than I. My intentions are to get out in the open the "nastiness" that is here and should not be accepted.

Michael Enriquez
HERPFAUNA PLUS

John Apple
03-06-2004, 08:08 PM
Michael ...Maybe Wes was simply annoyed at the simple fact that you DID not follow the rules here, you posted not an inquiry on an individual or company, you posted not a dealing that you may have had that went bad or good.
What you started here was a general discussion or something that should have been put in the sound off forum or somewhere else.
Just an observation, but don't be surprised if this post gets moved

dumje
03-06-2004, 08:15 PM
John

Wes is annoyed at a lot of things apparently. That is exactly what I am talking about in this thread. To defend Wes a little bit as well. Nobody should get annoyed and pipe off at everybody else the way things seem to be the norm here. This is a forum where we should use our heads and no bash a piss other people off. If a guy is a bag guy then fine...list him as a bad guy...state your reasons and leave it at that. But if others come to defend someone by stating they have good dealings with them they should not be ignored. If this thread gets moved I hope everyone that uses this bored follows it at least.

Michael Enriquez
HERPFAUNA PLUS

John Apple
03-06-2004, 08:20 PM
man that was quick it was moved..
Michael sometimes we fly off the handle when we see an injustice happening and sometimes we don't and some of us are flyers[if ya know what I mean] ....human nature man,... human nature

not making excuses here

The BoidSmith
03-06-2004, 08:22 PM
My intentions are to get out in the open the "nastiness" that is here and should not be accepted.

Michael,

There are as many approaches to dealing with situations as probably people posting in the BOI. You may not like the way some people deal with a situation. That's OK though, you don't need to agree with their methods. But it has been that "nastiness" you mention that has proven to be very effective in telling apart the good from the bad guys in many instances.

dumje
03-06-2004, 08:29 PM
That was wierd. I was reading when it changed. I felt like that guy in Clash of the Titans when he woke up in the Amphitheater.

anyways

I think the nastiness is a last resort. Why else have the warning/rating system. I think it shows how much of a child people are. I also insist if you read the posts...even the ones that do not interest you. You will see peopl are attacked again and again even if people come to their defense only because they have had good dealings with the one being attacked.

Michael Enriquez
HERPFAUNA PLUS

I hope people on the other forum find this here

Ken Harbart
03-06-2004, 08:46 PM
They should be able to find it. Most folks have caught on to the idea of the "view new posts" link on the main forums page. When you click on that link, it will give you an ordered list of the new threads and threads that have had new replies since your last visit.

dumje
03-07-2004, 11:08 AM
Ken

This is why I felt this thread belonged on the other board. Noone has posted on it since it was moved.

Michael Enriquez
HERPFAUNA PLUS

Sybella
03-07-2004, 02:32 PM
I thought that the BOI was the perfect place for it too, as it concerned the BOI exclusively.

Sybella
03-07-2004, 02:38 PM
And Ken, didn't know about the "view new posts" thing until a couple days ago when you told me about it. I guess when I saw the button up there, I thought it would just show me the threads with new posts within a particular forum only...which is what ezboard does. So, to say that "most" people have gotten the hang of it...I don't know about that. ;)