PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Parazap

Snakebyt
03-07-2004, 05:22 AM
I have seen a few ads for this product and was wondering if anyone has used it and what were the results of using it. I have read that it will increase there appitite, i have 4 tremper albinos, they all came from a reputable breeder, but they will not eat well enough to grow past 30-40 grams. they eat enough to stay healthy, but none are doing much growing at all.
Do you think parazap is worth trying on these guys? or does anyone else have any suggestions on what to try to get them to eating more and growing some more. I like the animals, but if there going to be problematic, and not be good breeding stock, i will have to let them go..

here is a pic of the male, who is currently 34 grams and has been for a couple months.

http://www.hubcitygeckos.com/albino_male.jpg

WingedWolf
03-07-2004, 07:58 AM
Are you sure they aren't just inclined to be small? They are large enough to breed, as I understand it. Tail looks nice and fat, to me.

Although I haven't used Parazap, most likely the claims made for it are ridiculous, and I don't think they're going to make your geckos grow.

Adding more calories to their diet is just going to put more girth on their tails. It may just be that they've reached adulthood.
Reptiles continue to grow over the course of their lives, once they're adults, but they do so very slowly.
It's also spring, the start of the breeding season, and the end of winter. Perhaps they'll grow a little bit over the summer, for you.

Snakebyt
03-07-2004, 08:14 AM
they are nowhere near big enough to breed, the females at least, the male has bred a couple of females i have, but i dont know if those eggs are fertile yet. If they are just going to be small geckos, that is not somthing i really want to be working with. other animals that i bought at about the same time are already 60+ grams and breeding. I just want to try every option to get them bigger before I get rid of them

Golden Gate Geckos
03-07-2004, 12:38 PM
How old are your leos? Very nice and healthy looking jungle in the photo, but I have no idea about Parazap.

But, I also have 4 Tremper albinos (1 from RT) that are very small. The females finally broke 45 grams at 2 years of age (they are over 3 years old now), one male is over 3 years old an only weighs 48 grams, and the other is over a year and a half old and only weighs 38 grams. These geckos are not the most gratifying geckos to feed... all very light eaters, but they have red eyes and do not see their food unless it it totally dark.

All of them are kept under the same environmental conditions and fed the same way as my 60+gram females and 80+gram males. I also have 1.3 tangerine albinos, and they are large! One of the females weighs 70 grams.

I will tell you, that I have bred all of them, and they did just fine throughout the season. I did keep a very close eye on them and did not allow them to drop below 45 grams, but I believe they are just small geckos.

Intense Herpetoculture
03-08-2004, 05:22 PM
Like Marcia said, your little guy looks fine. If I may ask, what is in parazap anyways?