PDA

View Full Version : Chrysopelea ornata ornatissima

Intense Herpetoculture
03-30-2004, 12:21 AM
I'm looking for someone to exchange notes regarding the captive care and breeding of Chrysopelea ornata ornatissima. I recently picked up a pair of fresh imports and am extremly interesting in breeding this species. I plan on taking detailed notes throughout my endevor and am looking for someone to compare notes with.

Intense Herpetoculture
03-31-2004, 01:28 AM
Well, caught the pair locked up today, can you believe that!!! Neither can I, but saw it with my own eyes. Hoping for eggs in early June!!! Will update later on.

meretseger
04-01-2004, 02:56 AM
Well, you gotta be doing something right! What are these guys eating for you? I've always be interested in these guys but I don't think I could start to afford proper caging or meds.

Erin B.

Intense Herpetoculture
04-01-2004, 12:48 PM
Right now they are eating Anolis, and if I could find some house geckos outside they would be eating them. Seem interested in fuzzies, but no takes yet. I have them set up in a 175 gallon Reptarium about half way planted, strong lighting, and lots of limbs and sticks. I spray them 3-4 times a day, don't have a water bowl in there, but need to put one in there ASAP. Using pothos and ficus as the plants. The female opening basks, while the male run off to the hanging pothos if I come to close to the enclosure. Temp is at 80 degrees F. w/a 5 degree drop at night. Humidity is at 60%+ at all times. Using coconut bark chunks as the substrate. They seem to enjoy UV rays,. Make sure to give them a large area with lots of plants, they seem to like it very secure. I saw mine locked up once again last night, so like you said, "I must be doing something right."

chrysopelea
04-30-2015, 11:15 AM
My lab has 5 Chrysopelea ornata and 10 Chrysopelea paradisi (I' m a graduate student studying snake gliding) and I'm hoping to get started breeding them. I'm pretty much a novice to snake breeding, so I'd love to compare notes with you! There isn't exactly a lot of info on them online :)