PDA

View Full Version : What Kind Of Panthe &...........?

jennyroseky
04-01-2004, 01:35 AM
What kind of panther is this? And how can you tell the sex?

fruitychick
04-01-2004, 01:51 AM
Due to the color, that is most likely a male. Females tend to be brownish-orangeish. I'll get back to you on the type. He is very pretty

fruitychick
04-01-2004, 01:58 AM
I think he is a Sambava but he could be an Ambanja. check out chameleonjournals.com they have a gallery with a lot of photos of panthers.

fruitychick
04-01-2004, 02:05 AM
I checked out chameleonjournals.com and hes actually a Ambilobe. definetly a male. Sorry about all the posts.

if you go to that site, click on gallary, and look at furcifer pardalis, than theres a pic very similar.

thanks

DaLizardLady
04-05-2004, 10:26 AM
He looks like a very handsome male sambava :}

jennyroseky
04-05-2004, 04:35 PM
That is what I thought he was, but wasn't posative about it. Thanks for everyones help. Does anyone know where I can find a female? He is a june 03 baby.

Huntahh
04-06-2004, 11:59 PM
You also asked how to tell how to sex your Sambava... Well to the best of my knowledge one of the the easiest ways to tell the sex of Panthers is... the crest on the nose extends beyond, out past the end of the nose on males and doesn't on females. Also as with most "MALE" lizards you'll be able to house a male with one or more females but rarely will two males live together and not fight with each other. There are other ways to tell their sexes as they age also... such as the femoral pores on the back legs, hemipene buldges (two) past vent under their tail indicate a male lack of or smaller femoral pores, and a single buldge past the vent beneath the tail indicate a female. I believe that should help you find what you are looking for good luck! He is beautiful! Have a great day, :) Ronald E. Powell

jennyroseky
04-07-2004, 12:10 AM
thanks for the info. I learn more every day.:)