PDA

View Full Version : Announcement - FIGHT BACK - Banning Exotic Pets

simplysnakes
04-05-2004, 11:16 PM
To some this may not be news - but to others it may. There is a telephone number included in the email - please call it and tell them what you think.

I have enclosed a copy of an email that I recieved tonight. I want to share it with everyone in hopes that we can all ban together to stop this from happening.

Please take the time to read the attached message and hopefully make a call -

Subj: Fwd: BANNING EXOTIC PETS
Date: 3/26/04 1:04:13 PM Eastern Daylight Time

There is a serious movement in Florida and the USA to ban all exotic pets. It is being spearheaded by a number of groups across the nation, both large and small, and threatens to take away everyone's right to keep exotic pets, both captive bred and wild caught. Even small organizations such as Jungle Friends (13915 N.State Rd.121, Gainesville, FL 32653 Tel.386-418-0808 or 386-462-7779) are making influential inroads into the pet shop industry, exotic pet breeders, exotic pet markets and expos and exotic pet hobbyists through a continuous aggressive effort. Such organizations show no fear, and are willing to go to any lengths to make their beliefs the law of the land. It is certainly time for all of us who disagree with Jungle Friends and other anti-exotic pet organizations to make our voices heard and to let the anti-exotic pet people know there are good Americans who will not allow them to take away our rights. Herptile enthusiasts are especially under attack by groups such as Jungle Friends, who think nothing of using snake scare tactics and slurs about snake keepers, as part of their ammunition. It is time we begin to organize and put as much effort into educating people about our point of view, as they are educating others about their point of view. Please become involved. Don't allow these organizations to take away our hobbies and our rights. It's simply unfair. Lenny R.

I agree with Lenny R. Beth Moody

Vince
04-06-2004, 09:00 PM
thanks for the info , i had no idea this kind of thing was going on in florida, do you know what herps exactly are classifieds as exotics?