PDA

View Full Version : Aah, one of the finer things...

Glenn Bartley
04-17-2004, 11:58 AM
is the delight experienced as a liquid nectar gently flows over the pebble textured streambed more commonly known as my taste buds. Today, right now as a matter of fact, I am being tantalized by an exquisitely almost satiny smooth sheen of Paulaner Hefe-Weizen a product of that beautiful southern city of Munchen (Munich), Germany. An effervescence made up of the finest, tiniest bubbles, that gently make their way up to form a thick creamy head, are powered by a natural mini-furnace fired by a wonderfully refined active yeast culture (which can be seen in the semi cloudy golden colored ambrosia). One of the best of all fine beers in the world.

Sure I'll drink a budwiper now and then, but why not go for the taste as well as the high. This stuff has got what it takes - great quality, great taste and a fairly strong alcohol content. Of course if you want a fine American brew, then Ommegang Brewery near Cooperstown, NY may have a product for you with their Ommegang, Hennepin or Rare Vos. At about 8.5 percent alcohol the Ommegang is pretty heady or should I say gets the drinker that way.

For now though, I will enjoy my Paulaner Hefe-Weizen. No driving this afternoon, and the lawn is all cleaned up, the wife is at work, the daughter at college, the son out with a friend, the dogs in the back yard, and a cold one is at hand. Simply heavenly…