PDA

View Full Version : Please HELP!!! Lost Corn!

talongrrrl95
04-18-2004, 09:41 AM
I woke up this morning and went to water my cornsnake and he was gone! :( I live in and apartment and he was in the back room. He's never escaped before, but must have gotten big enough to now! I can't find him anywhere! Any ideas on how to find him or attract him out so I can catch him? Please help!!!!

StubbyUK
04-20-2004, 07:57 PM
Look everywhere! In nooks and crannies, especially anywhere warm. Check sofas, cushions, boxes, anything your snake could hide in.

If you have no luck try a few traps. Corn snakes mostly move round at night, so try leaving something rustly out, like a plastic bag, around the edge of skirting boards etc. Another trick I've heard about is to put down flour to look for tracks the next morning so you can get an idea of where it is moving around.

Don't try putting down sticky tape to trap your snake, it can cause serious injury when you attempt to remove it!

Lastly you could try putting a warm (so the snake can smell it) dead mouse out in a hide on the floor to see if you can tempt your snake out that way.

Them's my suggestions (all heard from other more wise-type snake folks than me :) )

Stubby

talongrrrl95
04-20-2004, 09:09 PM
Thank you! I found him! He was in a little tube right next to his cage! I am lucky he didn't go far!

StubbyUK
04-21-2004, 12:55 PM
that's great news :)

If you're not sure how it got out you might want to check out your cage and make sure it can't happen again...just in case!

Anyway, great to hear you got it back.

Stubby