PDA

View Full Version : Shipping costs and options

Snakemother
04-26-2004, 08:01 AM
Hello - I'm new to shipping, and having some questions asked about my shipping costs. To ship overnight thru UPS, I thought to charge $35 for leopard geckos (light package), and $45 for adult bearded dragons (heavier package), as that's what I've been charged in the past. Is this not what I'll be charged for shipping? I don't want to rip folks off, just charge them as I'll be charged when I ship the animal to them.
I've had folks say they didn't want to pay more for shipping than for the animal on the geckos. Is there a safe, cheaper shipper that I don't know about?
Thanks in advance for any advice! :)

Double "D" Reptiles
04-26-2004, 09:23 AM
As long as you are only shipping LIZARDS, then check with your local PO. They are still legal to ship there and their EXPRESS MAIL is now all handled by FedEx, so they now arrive overnight, and it's less expensive.

David

hummi22689
05-01-2004, 10:32 AM
Using the post office is cheaper, but not always guaranteed overnight. Some place are second day.

WebSlave
05-01-2004, 12:20 PM
Check all of your options, then pick the BEST way to ship with all circumstances in consideration. If it costs more than some of your customers want to spend, then they need to go elsewhere. Let them show up on the BOI complaining about geting DOA animals because of poor shipping procedures from someone else. Do what is best, not the cheapest.

Shipping is a pain in the butt as it is, so try to relieve your own stress by shipping in a manner that you feel confident you have done your best to get the animals to them alive and well.