Manhattan Herps
05-07-2004, 01:00 PM
took these today...i thought they looked pretty good for my crappy cam, lol

http://img35.photobucket.com/albums/v106/tokay_dude1/MVC-037F.jpg
http://img35.photobucket.com/albums/v106/tokay_dude1/MVC-040F.jpg
http://img35.photobucket.com/albums/v106/tokay_dude1/MVC-042F.jpg

NEWReptiles
05-09-2004, 06:46 PM
Nice pics Dan, you may want to watch his eyecaps next time he sheds.

Manhattan Herps
05-09-2004, 08:04 PM
Thanks, i too thought the tops of his eyes where a retained spectacle, but i called the breeder i baught him from and they informed me that it's just the bands that go through his eyes

NEWReptiles
05-09-2004, 08:09 PM
they informed me that it's just the bands that go through his eyes

Did they see the first pic? It seems pretty clear that he has at least 1 retained eyecap.

Manhattan Herps
05-10-2004, 07:58 AM
They said he was like this since he came out of the egg, the stripe going through his eye is what makes it appear dark towards the botton, he shed 3 days after i got him and both spectacles came off, so its not a retained spectacle, its just that stripe

Sand&SunReptile
09-28-2004, 11:51 AM
Wow Dan. Nice.
What does that bring you to for ball pythons?
what's the ratio you have now?

Manhattan Herps
09-28-2004, 09:19 PM
thnaks mike, these are some pretty old pics..

still the same ratio

Sand&SunReptile
09-28-2004, 10:20 PM
I could've got my hands on a breeding size, 2 yr old, CR male today. Very nice, 3.5ft, nice and fat.
No room.
I also know I will be hating myself around breeding time, because I could've gotten a loaner female, which makes this loss all the worse.
I am expecting an opening, and adding a big CB female, in mid october.
A pet store near me has a big breeding size ball, unsexed, for 89.99. I figure I'll shoot down there, probe it or pop it. If it's female, I just got a damn good price on a breeding size female.
Then, I will really hate myself for not having the male LOL.
How big are yours now? the big big male, and how big are the yearling females? I popped one of my"females" and I saw hemi's I think.
I popped my male and didnt see anything.
I need a link to a site showing hemi's and a popped snake without any hemi's.
I also heard probing is more reliable then popping, and vise versa.
I defenitely need some suggestions. Also, what should I use as a lubricant with my probes.
P.S. the "male" probed in between male and female normal probed areas.

Manhattan Herps
09-28-2004, 11:26 PM
i've never probed befo, i use the popping method, its been sufficient for me so far, i'd use vaseline, but i'd get an opinion from someone who has experience probing

the big big male is about 4 1/2 feet, maybe a little bigger, the yearling female are about 21 inches,. hav'nt measured them in a while

the male in the pic above is aboiut 25 inches

Sand&SunReptile
09-29-2004, 07:28 AM
So you have 2 males?
I thought you had 1.2.
I used to have a place where I could bring my snakes, and have them probed. A cool pet store, that had some awesome herps.
They closed down though. They were in a very remote location, and they could never quite draw enough business to the place.
Good store while it lasted, worth the 30+mins it took to get there.
I can't wait for White Plains, to get a king breeder for my female.

Mark and Aimee
10-10-2004, 02:21 PM
i'd use vaseline, but i'd get an opinion from someone who has experience probing

Any water based lubricant will do just fine. KY or equivelant generic brand jelly is good.

Vaseline is petroleum based.

Sand&SunReptile
10-10-2004, 02:55 PM
I'm sure I will be able to dig up some water based lube to probe these guys.
Do you think that ball tipped probes are easier to use than the blunt tipped probes?