PDA

View Full Version : Don't go in the water.

WebSlave
03-10-2013, 12:49 AM
Looks like some problems in the Gulf of Mexico.

5X8ZiycqIlY

176VDZJ22n4

JColt
03-10-2013, 03:46 PM
Such a shame. Manatee's are such gentle creatures.

rcarichter
03-11-2013, 01:00 PM
Heartbreaking!

Noelle

WebSlave
03-11-2013, 01:37 PM
When Connie and I were down on Manasota Key back in November, they were having a problem with a red tide back then. Makes me wonder if this is becoming a year round problem. And also makes me wonder if the oil spill problem in the Gulf might be at least partially responsible. Maybe it upset a balance in the Gulf waters that makes it more hospitable for the algae blooms that produce the red tides. But I'm guessing that BP has paid off all of the researchers who might be tempted to look into that sort of research.

Shadera
03-11-2013, 02:17 PM
But all the oil just disappeared, right? I mean, they say it did so it must be true ...

So sad.

WebSlave
03-11-2013, 06:10 PM
Yes, I suppose so. BP has been paying for advertising stating that everyone should come on down to Florida, the beaches are safe, the water is fine, and the seafood safe to eat. I suppose they have enough money to grease as many palms, and seal as many lips, as they need to.

snowgyre
03-11-2013, 06:40 PM
But I'm guessing that BP has paid off all of the researchers who might be tempted to look into that sort of research.

Such an ignorant statement to discredit scientific research as a whole deeply troubles me. A very simple 5 minute search of peer-reviewed scientific literature on Google scholar reveals that said researchers are not "paid off" to paint the Gulf of Mexico oil spill in a positive light, in fact all of the articles I have so far found indicate a very negative impact that we are just beginning to understand.

http://scholar.google.com/scholar?as_ylo=2009&q=gulf+of+mexico+oil+spill&hl=en&as_sdt=0,35

In addition, there is a plethora of research available that shows highly negative impacts of oil spills throughout the world.

http://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl=en&q=oil+spill&btnG=&as_sdt=1%2C35&as_sdtp=