PDA

View Full Version : Moderators

Xelda
06-05-2004, 05:40 PM
I think what may help these forums flourish would be to create a larger pool of moderators. It seems like the handful that are present are spreading themselves too thin being in charge of such a huge place. It makes more sense to divide the responsibility among some of Fauna's most established users. I think just the fact that these people would appreciate being moderators would cause them to become very good ones. In addition to the normal maintenance duties, they could start new threads to invite participation from the members who do more reading-responding than thread-starting.

Sybella
06-05-2004, 05:55 PM
This was suggested before but Rich has a stand-off-ish approach to moderating for his own reasons. Too many moderators would create a more moderator-agressive environment, counter to Rich's wishes.

Just trying to help...sorry.

jenn_jeffery
06-05-2004, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by Xelda
In addition to the normal maintenance duties, they could start new threads to invite participation from the members who do more reading-responding than thread-starting.

That's one purpose of the forum sponsers...and Sybella is correct, Rich has his own reasons for not wanting a bunch of moderators. If you have a problem with a certain post, or see one that is inappropriate, there is a 'report this post to a moderator' button you can use.

WebSlave
06-05-2004, 06:52 PM
I think we have all seen some sites that got damaged by wrong choices in moderators. I am trying hard not to fall into that same trap myself. I will increase the number of moderators slowly and cautiously, as I see the need to do so.

And yes, the forum sponsors are intended to be guiding hands in the forums they have chosen to sponsor. Anyone is welcome to be a sponsor of a forum, with a limit of two per forum (until traffic increases to where I think more would be worth adding). Just pick a discussion forum you have an interest in and some knowledge and then volunteer. Doesn't cost you anything but your time and effort.

Thanks.