PDA

View Full Version : Concerns about a redtail

mindfuct
06-09-2004, 12:49 AM
Hi, just wanted to start by saying im fairly new to boas, and had a concern about one im thinking about buying. The guy is about 6 feet in length right now, doesnt seem to have any signs of burns or a bad shed, but his top lip has a slight overhang, it appears to be about 1 1/2 or 2 millimeters and i was wondering what would cause this, or if it is worth buying for $85

Lucille
06-09-2004, 06:42 AM
If he reached six feet it clearly does not affect him; and so it sounds like he would make a wonderful pet. I am sure, since you are new, that you are not immediately going to purchase many boas and start a breeding program, so it sounds like you have a nice pet quality boa there.

mindfuct
06-11-2004, 01:37 AM
thanks for the reply, i ended up going to get him/her, not really sure yet along with another one my friend purchased at the same time. The other has a nice rosy color through the body and is a little over 3 feet right now, they both look great but im still going to get a local vet to take a look at the bigger one and make sure its nothing serious. ill post up some pictures of our pets when i get a chance