PDA

View Full Version : My first Columbians

gardenmum
06-21-2004, 11:07 AM
Well, I have had corns now for over 2 years. I love their temperaments and colors and breeding them. But I have always wanted a couple of the 'bigger' ones and had been considereing getting a columbian red tail for a while now. I saw these at the local pet shop when I was purchasing pet food and simply loved the light colored one which turned out to be a male so I got the nice pinkish circle back female to go with him. They are simply wonderful and great eaters of f/t and so calm to handle.
I love the morphs and someday hope to get either an albino or salmon. But for now I am happy and am looking forward to watching these guys change as they mature.

This is the boy.

gardenmum
06-21-2004, 11:11 AM
this is the girl.:)

jenn
06-21-2004, 01:05 PM
They are very nice looking babies you have their. The female has some nice color on her butt.
I agree morphs are very neat, but i think sometime the "common ones" can be even nicer. But thats just me.
Good luck with your new "kids" and again they are awsome looking.

snakesteve
07-04-2004, 05:53 AM
Nice choice, those some good lookers. BOAs are the way to move up in the snake world their the best by far;). I love em.

Steve

gardenmum
07-04-2004, 09:48 AM
Jenn & Snakesteve for the compliments. Yes, they are very neat snakes and so different from the corns. I was so surprised at how calm they are and, unlike corns, they are so slow and deliberate moving. Sure makes for easier picture taking too...LOL.

Sand&SunReptile
10-03-2004, 11:17 AM
I have to agree. Those are some beautiful normals. Seem much easier to photograph than my king. She is a speed demon. My couple of corns arent quick, until I try and handle them.