PDA

View Full Version : '05 projects

tretocephalus
06-24-2004, 08:41 PM
I am interested in expanding my chameleon collection beyond veileds only in 2005. I was wondering if any of the cham community would be so kind as to post a few responses as to what cham would be a good choice. At this time I am interested in panthers but am daunted by the sheer number of morphs and not really being able to tell them apart. I also love the quad chams and some of the real little guys. So if you would respond with pictures and suggestions it would be great. Bear in mind that I won't be branching out 'til next year so if any upcoming changes in cham laws will be occurring or exportation I would love to know about it.
Thanks

JasonDescamps
06-24-2004, 11:20 PM
It's tough to recommend a species to work with for anyone. It all depends on what your goal is. If you are just wanting the experience of working with a new species quads, panthers, oustaleti, or jacksonii xantholopus are all good choices. However if you are looking for market value panthers are about your only real option, and even at that you will never make money off chams. They are just too labor and cost intesive to make a profit. As far as changes in export laws, no one really knows. Imports could be shut down tomorrow. There are a small group of breeders working to establish bloodlines in captivity to help keep chams available for years to come. You can read more about it at www.chameleondatabase.com.