PDA

View Full Version : 51 days and counting....

Sasheena
06-27-2004, 03:28 PM
Well it's 51 days since Queenie laid her eggs. The 10 remaining eggs look great and are quite huge! The questionable one still shows very strong veins, so I figure it is just destined to go through "life" as a wrinkled egg!

Last year Queenie's eggs went exactly 60 days. I would be very excited if her eggs follow that trend, though I wouldn't be surprised if the half day of higher temperatures has hastened their hatching.

Anyone else waiting for that "PIPPING" day???

Come on, share your stories and your expectations!

Last year I had the cutest reverse stripe hatch out. I hope I have something like that this year. With Cal Kings it's always a big gamble what you'll get! But the'll be beautiful nonetheless!

My other cal king clutch of fifteen eggs all went bad :(.... but both girls have bred since shedding and may just present me with second clutches... they'll be late season hatchers though, as I wouldn't expect them to lay their eggs for another four weeks or so.

It's nice to be so near pipping on this clutch, with the amount of bad luck I've had with cal king eggs! (and kingsnake eggs in general).... four kingsnakes bred, out of those I got one clutch that died, two that never laid eggs, and one clutch that lost some. Ah well. If I get 10 beautiful hatchlings that is still more than I got last year from the one pairing.