PDA

View Full Version : opinions on Outback Reptiles

SirFox
07-27-2004, 10:55 AM
I'm brand spankin' new here, looking into getting a first snake (a BCI, yes, i've got plenty of resources, know how big they can get, got web links, a good book, i *have* read the book, etc..)

I'll be going to the reptile show in havre de grace, in maryland, and the last time i was there, i rather liked the selection that was offered by an outfit called "Outback Reptiles" based in fairfax, VA. They don't seem to have much of a web presence.

A good friend of mine, and fellow snake-keeper suggested that i post here and ask for opinions of any folks who have had experience dealing with this company, and get postitive or negative feedback.

so, whatcha think?

Mark and Aimee
07-27-2004, 01:35 PM
This info can be found on the Board.

Be sure you are getting info on "Outback Reptiles" and not others with similar names.

SirFox
07-27-2004, 02:56 PM
That's definately their name and location. My friend grabbed the buisness card. I apologize for not quite knowing this site's layout, but where is this board of which you speak?

I'm hunting for it, currently, but not having much success, but i've been know to notice all the minor details of something, and miss the blatantly obvious.

SirFox
07-27-2004, 03:57 PM
aha. a friend a bit better at this than i found several other threads mentioning the company. they seem to be held in fairly high regard, i guess they'll be getting some of my money, next month. whee.

MR_Jungle_Mist
08-12-2004, 12:29 PM
So....Joshua....have you bought anything yet? :-)

SirFox
08-12-2004, 02:48 PM
not yet, the reptile show is on the 21st. I tried writing to the outback reptile folks, but have gotten no response as of yet.

So, i guess i'll be shopping around at the havre de grace show next saturday, looking for a male BCI. It seems like the average length for that particular variety usually doesn't get too large for one person to manage.

I was hoping that they could tell me what size their male BCI's usually reach, but no dice.

backdraft1320
09-27-2005, 04:51 PM
Males usualy hit the 6 to 8 foot mark I bought mine at the maryland show from Susquehanna Ectotherms' watch for kinked tails when i was looking found more than one. and I paid 50 bucks near the end of the day (little bonus).

JnSinverts
11-03-2005, 10:02 AM
We have done business with Ian the owner of out back reptiles quite a few times..If you ever heard of the IAN G LINE OF BALL PYTHONS this is him his animals are beautiful...great guy to work with.