PDA

View Full Version : Oh good! Another *realistic* snake movie in the theatre! Woohoo!

MR_Jungle_Mist
08-02-2004, 11:49 AM
Just saw a preview on tvfor a movie called "Anacondas".

More of the screaming, growling, howling giant mega-snakes attacking poor defenseless people just cruising down the amazon river with tattered clothes and pessimistic friends who like to swim alone in the early mornings while the one other person around is in the galley of the boat with the quirky engines that don't start all the time, especially when trying to make a quick get-up-and-go getaway, making coffee with headphones on so he's not able to hear the screaming.

But there's a twist! (in case you were thinking this sounds like the plot of "Anaconda" which is a TOTALLY different movie.

In "AnacondaS"....there's a whole colony of them!

I'm thinking....Grammy Award.

I'm scalping tickets for the first night of this showing in our area.

*goes away whistling "I'm in the money"*

MR_Jungle_Mist
08-02-2004, 04:42 PM
A scientific expedition is sent to the jungles of Borneo to search for a rare black orchid by a powerful pharmaceutical company that hopes the orchid can be used to unlock the secrets of youth and immortality. What they discover is that the orchid is already being used by a powerful group... a swarm of giant snakes that derive their super strength, size and vitality from the flowers, and extremely large snakes are also extremely hungry snakes...

http://us.ent4.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/screen_gems/anacondas__the_hunt_for_the_blood_orchid/anaconda.jpg

http://us.ent4.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/screen_gems/anacondas__the_hunt_for_the_blood_orchid/_group_photos/johnny_messner8.jpg

(I like that he's holding that stick as a weapon.....HHHhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiaaaaaaaaaaaa aayyyyy!!! [that's my karate yell])

Copperheadman
08-02-2004, 05:56 PM
Hey man..put me down for Five(5) of them there tickets...now that is one that the kids need to see!!!!! Man I can't wait..a whole herd of anacondas..are any of them over 75 feet?!?!

MR_Jungle_Mist
08-02-2004, 08:40 PM
DUDE! You will NOT believe this.....I think they are mostly ALL OVER 75 FEET! This is going to be a killer and very original flick, my friend!

(If any of you read that too quickly and read something other than "flick" then shame on you!)

Copperheadman
08-02-2004, 08:43 PM
Can't wait.hope it has a DVD in the near future!!!

Melle
08-03-2004, 10:32 PM
Soooo...we got a FLOCK of giant 80 foot man-eating anacondas....they are so big and vicious because they, uh, eat flowers....so a group of people are gonna wade around in their water and fight em all off with sticks. Huh? is that right? I am SO seeing this like, 20 times.