PDA

View Full Version : Meet Gordy!

SpiralTailRanch
08-04-2004, 02:15 AM
I received this guy as a rescue. He is very well mannerd. The typical slowness for these chameleons. He never is one to be pretty though. :crying:

Oh, and that is Anthony's sasquatch arm. Woof. :eek:

Nemesis
08-04-2004, 02:18 AM
I want one eventually. I think they are very cool looking.

VaranidGuy
11-04-2004, 07:40 PM
would you ever be interested in giving that chameleon a new home? i live in california and i love chameleons, always wanted a parsons and figured that if you got him as a rescue, you may be willing to sell him at a reasonable price to a very loving and proper chameleon home...just thought it'd be worth asking. either way, it's an awesome animal, color or no color...very lucky.

- Shane

SpiralTailRanch
11-04-2004, 08:45 PM
I don't know if you were saying that you wanted a Parsons, just because, or because you think this chameleon is one. He is not. He's a Mullers chameleon, or C. Melleri.

I actually do not have Gordy anymore as of about 3 weeks about. I shipped him to a middle school in Summersville WV for a science teacher who really wanted him for her class. He is now the favorite out of about 20 reptiles for many classes of kids.

Thank you for your interest though!

VaranidGuy
11-05-2004, 05:26 PM
i am sorry, my mistake. the body structure and head structure looks almost identical to parson's. that's good to hear! i'm glad he got a good home and thanks for responding...good luck with other rescues!

Chris Anderson
11-05-2004, 06:32 PM
Other then the size, there is very little in common between melleri and parsonii although the picture might have been decieving. I wouldn't expect to find a parsonii for anything most would consider a "reasonable price." With parsonii, a fair price would be about $1500-2000 and as much as $2500 each.

I'm not confident that a middle school is a good place for a melleri. Hopefully, you checked them out thuroughly to make sure he was going to be properly cared for.

Regards,

Chris