PDA

View Full Version : Lobster roaches...

leobreeder182
08-04-2004, 03:27 PM
Well I know i should have looked into this sooner but, let's say perhaps 2-5 roaches get out, would they start to breed like crazy through out the house and will I have roaches everywhere? I'm very paranoid about this I might just sell them and get crix again. Thank you.

From:Brent Allen email leosrule182@yahoo.com AIM/AOL albinoleodotom phone 586-285-1689

progeckos
08-04-2004, 07:36 PM
I wouldn’t worry about it. Being that you’re from Michigan as soon as winter comes it should kill all escapees off. Just be careful not to let any out………..

John Apple
08-05-2004, 06:23 AM
I would say that all depends on a few factors here such as humudity , temperature and food supply.
If you have a basement they could very well survive, if the proper sexes met up and did the whoopie.
I used to breed hissers about a year ago and two weeks ago I found a live but stressing adult in my basement.
I now only breed cave roaches that cannot climb glass.

Xelda
08-19-2004, 07:22 PM
My house gets pretty warm sometimes, but even in the summer, escaped lobsters don't fare well in my house. I always find the escaped ones again a few days later, very weak and dehydrated. It's only like 2% (maybe less) of all roach species that are house pests. I don't think lobsters can really adapt to the kind of lifestyle where the food and water resources aren't immediately within their reach as they would be in the confines of a small enclosure.