PDA

View Full Version : babies okay?

tigerta
08-19-2004, 09:01 PM
I have been interested in getting a King snake for a long time, been reading up on them and i think i want to get a grey banded. anyway, heres my problem: i have heard from alot fo friends that have snakes that babies are harder to take care of, esp. for a beginer like myself. But the majority of pet stores and breeders only have babies. Are they really that much harder to take care of? thanks alot

Vin115
08-20-2004, 08:33 AM
Natalie, they are not that much harder to take care of once they have been properly started. (Feeding regularly) I have heard that Gray Bands tend to be difficult to start and can be picky eaters. My first King was a California King and I never had a problem with him. I got him when he was about 16 inches. The king I have now, a Mexican Black King, has been nothing but pleasant. Eats fine and he is very docile. I also got him when he was about 16 inches. One thing you don't have to worry about with Kings that often is feeding. They are very good eaters and as long as you provide proper husbandry, they should be no problem to take care of.

~Vin