PDA

View Full Version : What is she exactly

The Reptile House
09-04-2004, 10:29 PM
I just got thios beautiful girl, she is a quad het but I do not know what she is exactly- she is striped part way down then dashes, circles and such. She also is a supper bright yellow on her sides about the length of how far the stripes go. Her belly is pure white except it turns a bit pink down at the tail. Any idea as to what she is? Here is a pic of her and a belly shot. Thanks in advance.

The Reptile House
09-04-2004, 10:31 PM
Thanks for looking!!

CAV
09-04-2004, 11:40 PM
Are the eyes red/pink? If they are then I'd say you've got an Amel Motley or Amel Stripe. (Hard to tell from the picture) Any idea what the hets are?

The Reptile House
09-05-2004, 12:06 AM
Well more than quad she has potemtial for
Snow
Anery
Stripe
Albino
Amber
Sunglow in her.

She is Orange with the red markings really rich in color.

Shanell

The Reptile House
09-05-2004, 12:09 AM
Pink/red in the center with an orange ring around that.

Shanell

CAV
09-05-2004, 12:24 AM
Snow = Amel + Anery

Amber = Hypo + Caramel

Amel = what most people incorrectly refer to as an albino

Sunglow = Amel (selectively bred for no white, this doesn't necessarily pass down if bred to something else besides another sunglow)

So....

Since the Amel and Stripe are already visible we know that it is homo for those. Based on the other things you listed, it would have to be het for Anery (snow), Hypo, and Caramel (Amber & Butter).

So....

Provided that the info you have been given is correct, you have:

Amel Stripe, het Anery, Hypo, Caramel

Of course you would have to conduct breeding trials in order to prove out any of the hets. ;) If they are in fact all present, you could possibly (in some cases a very slim chance) produce the following with a mate that also carries some of these traits:

Ghost = Anery + Hypo

Butter = Amel + Caramel

Amber

Snow

Amel

Anery

Hypo

Caramel

AND Stripes of each of the above listed morphs

Clear as mud?????? :D

The Reptile House
09-05-2004, 12:35 AM
I am getting a male the same as her but unrelated, I also have a male that is Butter Charcoal double het From Chad Fuchs( That is how it is spelled on the label) Hope that is correct. I have a female that is the same as this male and they threw Anery, amel, butter, normal. I bought the parents and the babies and held back one of the butters and one of the anerys for future breeding stock. I'm hopeing for some nice babies next year. Thanks
Shanell

feindish
09-05-2004, 01:21 AM
i havent a clue but that is a beautiful snake :)

The Reptile House
09-05-2004, 01:22 AM
The pic really does not do her justice! She is really cool looking.

Shanell

Sand&SunReptile
10-23-2004, 10:25 PM
Very cool looking snake indeed. I would have to agree that is is probably a striped amel.