PDA

View Full Version : Traumatized bp?

BallPythonLuvin
09-05-2004, 01:23 PM
yesterday handling my bp i droped her from about 4 feet when my dog jumped on me threw me off balance .....now my bp withdarws from me quickly every time she sees me she even tried to eat her mate.....how can i calm her down? i dont want to handle her without my snake hook any more cause she tries to bite me

NEWReptiles
09-05-2004, 02:46 PM
Tried to eat HER mate eh?
I can only think of one thing that would cause this and that is that they both are most likely males.

Are they housed together all the time?
How old are they?
What are they kept in?

BallPythonLuvin
09-05-2004, 03:21 PM
well the girl is about half a year old i think so is the male ....they stay in a 40 wide aquairium its a wonderful set up......i keep them together most the time because the tank is big enough to give them both their own space but ever since i droped her shes been drawing back really fast from me and trying to harm the male in their even those my intentions arent to breed them for another year

but to sum it up after my dog made me drop her shes been acting scared of every thing that comes near her....how can i calm her down venum?

NEWReptiles
09-05-2004, 03:41 PM
Well, I strongly feel that housing two ball pythons together is a bad idea to begin with. Second, if the "female" is nipping the male, there is a good chance they are both males.

I would suggest seperating the two, making sure the temps are proper and make sure they both have a snug hide. Handle the nippy one every few days and see what happens.

If you do get bit, it will leave tiny pinholes in you at best, they will not hurt you.

I have a 4 month old female that has been swinging at me since day one. She has yet to calm down. When she does get me, she only draws blood 1 out of 3-4 times, and shes already over 300grams.

BallPythonLuvin
09-05-2004, 04:50 PM
thanks for the info realvenum......i guess since shes snappy ive been scared to handle her aand get bit ...i guess i'll man up and see what happens......thanks