PDA

View Full Version : Shipping Boxes

llechler
09-10-2004, 08:53 PM
Where do you guys get your boxes for shipping? I've been shopping around and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions.

The Reptile House
09-10-2004, 09:59 PM
I get mine from Scales, www.exoticlizards.com-Also Superior has them, www.superiorenterprise.com and they offer free shipping with a min $50 order. I also get all my deli cups from them as well they are both really great to deal with!

Shanell

Herp-Titude
09-10-2004, 11:11 PM
We use Superior Enterprise. I like the free shipping on orders of $50 plus. I found their prices to be less than most and the order gets sent quite quickly (within a couple days).

Lori Neumann

The Reptile House
09-10-2004, 11:22 PM
I order one day and I get mine the very next day, customer service is great as well. The same with Wendy at Scales. I have never had any problem with either company when shipping these boxes purchased from them! :)

Shanell

Herp-Titude
09-10-2004, 11:38 PM
I will go along with all the above.
Actually, Scales is local to me and I am over there weekly for crickets:) Both Daniel and Wendy are great to deal with.

llechler
09-11-2004, 12:54 PM
Do you think $3-$4 is expensive for just one insulated box? Would it be cheaper to cut the styrofoam yourself and put it in a box that is only 80 cents? Or is that a real big hassle and worth the extra money?

dwedeking
09-11-2004, 03:07 PM
If your shipping just one box, once in a great while then it's much more cost effective (if you can find a local source) to build your own.

If your shipping on a regular basis then you can buy in bulk (lowering the price per box especially where shipping is concerned) and the savings in time and the confidence your customer feels when receiving a professional looking box is worth the expense.

llechler
09-11-2004, 03:28 PM
Makes sense. Thanks for the tips.:)

Traci1
09-11-2004, 05:47 PM
I buy boxes from ULINE and styrofoam ("blue board" actually)from Lowes and cut it myself.

ULINE (http://www.uline.com/ProductDetail.asp?model=S-4624)

Traci