PDA

View Full Version : Teens Vandalize Home, Attack Pets

Clay Davenport
09-19-2004, 03:33 AM
TAUNTON, Mass. -- Four teenagers have been accused of vandalizing the home of a Taunton family and killing or torturing several of the family's pets.

Police say the damage was discovered on Aug. 27 by a neighbor who was caring for the pets while the family was vacationing in Maine.

The homeowner, William Humphrey, described the animal cruelty to the Enterprise of Brockton. He said a fish was taken out of its bowl and stomped to death. A cat was shot at close range with a pellet gun and may not survive. A lizard and a tortoise were soaked in bleach, and a parrot-like bird had several of its feathers yanked out.

Humphrey said the intruders also vandalized every room in the home, destroying furniture and electronic equipment, pouring out paint, smashing eggs and urinating on clothing.

Police say two guns and some jewelry were stolen from the home.

Arrested in connection with the break-in and rampage was Justin Ryan, 17, of Taunton, and three 16-year-olds.

Authorities say a police dog tracked down one of the boys, who confessed and implicated the others.

Link to story (http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news/3732706/detail.html)

cka
09-19-2004, 08:56 AM
bet they get off with a slap on the wrist, too...Thats sad, (here comes sarcasm) but Kudo's to the parents for teaching their kids what value they place on another's right to live...I'm sure they were taught that "I am the most important thing in my world"...bet the parents will be caught on tape saying either "But they are such good kids" or "We certainly didn't raise them like this" :*(...yeah....right....

Sand&SunReptile
09-19-2004, 02:28 PM
Not only should the kids, and/or their parents have to pay for all veterinarian, and compensation costs. These kids should have about a million community service hours and a nice trip to boot camp and the juvienile detention center.
That is absolutely HORRIBLE!

Sand&SunReptile
09-19-2004, 02:31 PM
And to think, these punks live in my state.
Horrible.

Karen Hulvey
09-19-2004, 04:22 PM
I think they need to spend a year cleaning out dog runs and cat boxes at the local humane society.

Karen

Sand&SunReptile
09-19-2004, 04:33 PM
Very Nice suggestion Karen.
They can come clean my snake <font color=red>[**censored**]</font> weekly as well. Since they live close enough

Sasheena
12-06-2004, 10:20 PM
This is one of my biggest fears... My husband and I are high school teachers in a small rural town. Sometimes I worry that some of his or my students might skip school and "have a party" at our home. The kids know I raise many animals, and I would hate to return home to find my outdoor reptile/mouse/rat building vandalized, the snakes released/stolen/killed, and the same with the mice and rats. Actually vandalization/destruction/release of the animals worries me more than theft... at least if the animals are stolen there is an off chance they'll be cared for by the theifs... And too many of my kids love to tell me about some animal (snake, lizard, etc) that they've killed, maimed, or tortured.

:bandhead0

ms_terese
12-07-2004, 12:12 AM
I'd really be interested in knowing how this turns out. More and more juvenile court systems are recognizing that certain behaviors (including cruelty to animals) are a neon-red flag for serious disorders, and are taking action accordingly.

Michael, keep in mind that when events occur in your state or county or town , you can influence the end result. Write the judge, and encourage others to as well. Juvenile judges are typically appointed rather than elected, but they still avoid negative publicity like the plague. Make your voice heard.