PDA

View Full Version : need help on shipping?

Veiledchamlver
09-19-2004, 11:18 PM
where is the cheapest place to ship and how do I ship frogs. do I need to put a cup of water in there to keep its skin moist please need help.

Veiledchamlver
09-19-2004, 11:33 PM
anything I need to plan for . I'm shipping to MI from CA. what should I do to plan and should I have any cold packs hot packs in the box with it.

Karen Hulvey
09-20-2004, 12:20 PM
I don't ship frogs but have had them shipped to me via UPS. The amount of moisture depends on the species of frog. For firebelly toads, cane toads, african bullfrogs, Egyptian toads, green tree frogs, barking tree frogs, they used moist papertowel in the bottom of deli cups. The firebelly toads, Egyptians, barkers & green trees were packed two or three to a cup 'cuz they're small and won't eat each other. The others were packed in separate deli cups.
Pac mans were shipped in little styrofoam cups with damp potting soil. Waxy monkey tree frogs (large)were in snake bags with a lot of moist newspaper.
White's tree frogs can't take a lot of moisture and they were packed in deli cups with barely damp papertowel. Only once did they pack the White's too wet and some of them were DOA.

As for heat packs, too much heat will kill an amphibian quickly. So I wouldn't add any, especially at this time of the year. I don't know if you'll need cold packs either. You'll just have to play it by ear. If you do use heat and/or cold packs, place them well away from the frogs. The people who shipped to me taped the packs to the inner lid of the styrofoam packing container and put the animals in the bottom and put crumpled newspaper all around so nothing topples over.

Hope this helps you to pack your frogs. As for the actual shipping, maybe someone else can help you w/that.

Karen

Veiledchamlver
09-20-2004, 06:08 PM
the frog is a blue azereus a dart frog. do you know how much wetness there needs to be in it.

Karen Hulvey
09-20-2004, 08:31 PM
I've never dealt with dart frogs.

Check out this website.

www.saurian.net (http://www.suarian.net)

This guy breeds many dart frogs. He may be able to help you.

Karen

Karen Hulvey
09-20-2004, 08:35 PM
http://www.saurian.net/
That other link didn't work, try this one.

If this doesn't work, just type in www.saurian.net on your browser and it should take you there. Nice website.

Karen