PDA

View Full Version : Help me, please

Nate's Snakes
09-28-2004, 08:02 PM
I am trying to identify a North American toad. A common name for it is something like Colorado River Toad. The fluids from its skin cause humans and animals to trip. I have been told that people sell them on the web. I just want to know what they look like and what they are.

If you can help me, please do.

SpiralTailRanch
10-12-2004, 09:49 PM
I do realize you posted this awhile ago, but I believe the one you are talking about is a Kane Toad. That's the only one I know that has hallucinagenic effects.

Nate's Snakes
10-13-2004, 01:49 AM
I will check that out, thanks.

mercedesherp
10-13-2004, 05:42 PM
Bufo alvarius

bullcowman
10-22-2004, 02:27 AM
DO NOT TRY TO SMOKE A MARINE/CANE/GIANT TOAD!!! YOU WILL GET SICK OR DIE!!!
I wouldn't recomend smoking venom from a CO. river toad either- DMT can be toxic if not prepared right. I've read it only lasts 20min.

***If tripping wasn't your reason for wanting one, I appoligize. They would probably make a good pet, not as wary as other toads i would imagine***

* 2 Kids in Australia died from licking or smoking(can't remeber wich) a cane toad. Don't want that to happen here, thats why I posted.

rdbartlett
10-23-2004, 07:12 PM
is a rather common desert species of our southwest and northern Mexico. Its scientific name is Bufo alvarius. The glandular secretions are quite toxic. You can find pix of this species in any western herp fieldguide. rgds/Dick