PDA

View Full Version : How many Sand Boas do you breed?

Sand&SunReptile
10-08-2004, 12:39 PM
Ok, The rosy boa poll has all the details on these going ons here. So, I would greatly appreciate every keeper here to chime in on whatever applies.
Even if you only have 1 kenyan, you are still a collector, just not breeder of them.
Please poll, and leave a post here!

KelliH
10-08-2004, 01:20 PM
My husband has quite a few Kenyans. Honestly I have never really cared for them, they just don't do it for me. I do like the way the paradox snows look, they are pretty neat.

Once I got to watch one of our females give birth, she had 18 or 19 babies. It was cool, that was the first time I had ever watched a boa give birth.

Sand&SunReptile
10-08-2004, 04:02 PM
That's awesome. That is a big litter for a Sand Boa, good deal. I like all the kenyan morphs, snows are the best as youngings. But they brown out as the mature, and become less appealing. Albinos are awesome all the way through, and the pied that is still unproven that the Barkers have is pretty cool.

Karen Hulvey
10-08-2004, 09:07 PM
I just got into KSBs this year.
I have:
1.1 Normal adults that just had
0.0.6 babies two weeks ago.
2.0 Anery '04 babies
0.1 '03 normal
0.5 '04 babies 66% possible het anery.

So 16 in total. I'm planning on getting an albino or two to add to the collection. I really love the paradox albinos but so far they're out of my price range.

Karen

Sand&SunReptile
10-08-2004, 09:13 PM
Thats a nice group of future breeders. You'll be making some nice babies when you get those buggers up to breeding size.
THANK YOU FOR RESPONDING! I am sensing a pulse in this old and dead forum after all.

Karen Hulvey
10-09-2004, 08:43 AM
Michael-Sand & Sun

How many sand boas do you have?

Are there any sand boas you want?

I saw a pix of a black Russian sand boa. I'd like to get a group of them.

Karen

Sand&SunReptile
10-09-2004, 01:33 PM
Right now, I dont have any:(
I love Kenyans, and they are mainly the kind of Sands I like.
I wouldnt mind some other sand boas, but Kenyans are definitley my favorites.
What do you have besides sand boas?

Karen Hulvey
10-10-2004, 10:19 PM
I also have a red milk snake and a prarie kingsnake. I also have a Moroccan uromastyx female. 1.1 redfoot tortoises.

I have been raising lovebirds for years and have a lot of them. I also have a pair of Timneh African Greys who just had a baby that I pulled to handfeed this past Monday. I also raise society finches, zebra finches, Java finches, parakeets, gloster canaries and button quail (blue tongue skinks, argus monitors, water monitors and B&W tegus love button quail eggs). I also have two Tokay geckoes, the largest is 11" long and likes to eat button quail hatchlings.

I used to have a trio of ball pythons and had a clutch of 6 eggs last year but I sold them when I saw my first B&W KSB. I was like, wowzer, and I can afford to buy them so the balls went bye bye.

What animals do you have?

Karen

Sand&SunReptile
10-11-2004, 01:05 PM
I have...
1.1 Proven Corn Snakes
1.1 Rosy Boas
1.3 Leopard Geckos
1.2 Ball Pythons
I'm getting a male coastal carpet saturday, and in November I'm getting more leopard geckos, ball pythons, and maybe a rosy or two. Also, with the Ball Pythons, I'm getting some het ghosts in the spring/summer.
Aside from reptiles...
I have 2 dogs, a yorky terrier poodle mix, and a mini poodle. These do not have spoofy hair cuts, and are not steriotypical poodles. These are normal dogs lol.
Also, 1.2 Salt and Pepper platties (one female is about to burst) 1.2 Sunset Sword tails, and some other fish, 2 'keets though I dont know sex, and a guinea pig.

meretseger
10-16-2004, 02:26 PM
With budgies... look at the skin around their nostrils. Blue for boys, pink for girls. At least that's the way I remember it. That doesn't work for yellow or white ones though.
(I've got a Bourke's parakeet named Zippy. He's like a regular parakeet but boringer).

Erin B.

Sand&SunReptile
10-16-2004, 07:53 PM
Heh. Ill need to check em. Do they have to be a certain age, mine are pretty small.

Karen Hulvey
10-18-2004, 02:10 PM
You parakeets have to be at least 4 months old to be able to sex them right. Males have a blue cere (area around nostrils) and females are brown or grey or a very, very light blue. The female's cere turns really brown when she is ready to breed. But at other times it can be a pale blue. But the male's blue is dark blue , kinda like this.

karen

Sand&SunReptile
10-18-2004, 02:40 PM
Ill have to check em out. See if I cant tell if they are m or f.

Lee Herps
07-24-2005, 07:40 PM
I currently own 7.22 breeders of various morphs. I think I will be cutting back on my collection a bit this year. Lee :cool:

Ugotsnakes
09-18-2005, 05:33 PM
I have 1.1 Normal adults that had 6 babies 2 weeks ago.
I have a male Albino Paradox het for Snow and a female 100% Snow Paradox which I hope to breed next year. I almost forgot My normals which I thought, had 1 anery baby, a nice suprise.

phelsuma08
11-20-2005, 09:33 PM
I've been raising Kenyans for approximatively 3 years. The first one was abandoned on our door step. I feel in love with her, and now we have various color morphs including normals, anery's, albinos, normals het for albino paradox, anery's het for snow paradox and a surprise this year.. we discovered a pair of normals turned out DH for snows based on their babies. Our official count for Kenyans 15.14.60 not including some hold backs from 2004. For the 2005 breeding season we put together 7 pairs and produced 60 babies.
I've now discovered Indian Sand Boas and we are well on our way to seeing babies hopefully in 2007.

Karen Hulvey
11-20-2005, 09:46 PM
Wow 60 babies this year. That's great. How about some pictures???

I bought a pair of albino KSBs about a month ago. I also have anerys and some that are possible het snow paradox. Only a few are breeding sized and I haven't seen any breeding activity as of yet.