PDA

View Full Version : About the server outage this morning (10/19/04)

WebSlave
10-19-2004, 01:56 PM
On Sunday I received a notice from my server host saying that I was overdue signing an agreement they had sent me earlier, and was now overdue. Problem is, I never received such a thing "earlier", so when I looked this document over, I had some real issues with it that I expressed to them. I also wanted my attorney to look it over before I put my John Hancock on it.

Well they basically said sign it OR ELSE, which definitely raised my dander. In a nutshell, when I woke up this morning, both of my servers were down. So they had pulled the plug on them to coerce me into signing that document. Talk about being able to bite nails in half!

I got a response from my attorney who said the policy is basically unenforceable anyway, so under the circumstances go ahead and sign it. Then make other arrangements for your servers.

So, with that in mind, I am looking at options for new servers. I am not comfortable with a company that will do what my current one just did to me.

Sorry about the outage, but I just don't go for a bum's rush to force me into doing something without being sure it could not be detrimental to me in the long run.

jenn_jeffery
10-19-2004, 04:07 PM
Don't blame you at all Webslave--better to be safe than sorry!! Thanks again for all you do for the herping community!