PDA

View Full Version : Woma question.....

crmowell
10-23-2004, 09:53 PM
Hello all~
I am considering purchasing a Woma and I am getting conflicting views of information on their disposition. Most of what I have read says they are one of the most docile and easy to handle Pythons, but I am also being told by some that they can be quite aggressive.

I would welcome any feedback. Thanks!

Kind regards~

Rob Mowell

Clay Davenport
10-24-2004, 05:41 AM
Womas are terrific snakes, definately one of the favorites in my collection.
They are not agressive at all as a general rule. The people who have told you they are agressive, do they actually keep them? I'm sure that somewhere there is a mean woma, there's always an exception, but I've never seen one.

The feeding response is a different story though, and some of the people you have talked to might be confusing that with an agressive temperment.
Womas are eating machines, and it's common in my experience for them to take an initial bite at anything that nears them. I have a female that is particularly prone to that. She will by reflex bite my hand about 50% of the time when I go to remove her from the cage.
I just either remove her with a hook to present her with a gloved hand to let her get it out of her system. Once removed though, they are completely docile.

Womas are unique pythons and a pleasure to deal with. Everyone I know who has them ranks them as one of their favorite species.

crmowell
10-24-2004, 03:22 PM
Thanks for the info. Clay!

Regards~

Rob Mowell