PDA

View Full Version : DHL no longer shipping herps

BWSmith
11-05-2004, 03:46 PM
I do not know if this has been posted yet since the search funtion has 4 letter minimum. But I just got a call from my DHL rep. She got a memo today stating what live animals DHL will now accept. She emailed the policy maker and confirmed that DHL will no longer ship snakes OR lizards. The only herps they will ship are turtles and amphibians. Venomous insects and arachnids are also prohibited.

evansnakes
11-05-2004, 03:58 PM
With as bad as their delivery history is on live animals it would be even better if they would not take any or if people would just stop shipping with them. They suck.

BWSmith
11-05-2004, 04:08 PM
Sorry, I didn't realize that there was a separate "Shipping" forum here.

screamdreams
11-05-2004, 04:26 PM
I wouldn't ship a Q-Tip via DHL.

Xtreme Reptiles
11-05-2004, 06:22 PM
This is not new, it has been their poloicy since they were airborne express... It just took them this long to figure it all out... They are not the brightest buch and seem to hire the botttom of the barrel as far as drivers go

Miles O'brian

BriarpatchHerps
11-05-2004, 10:18 PM
USPS also stopped shipping reptiles.

montezuma
11-06-2004, 10:58 AM
The USPS is lacking uniformity and always has, your location may have stopped allowing you to ship them or the local carriers that get the packages to different airports may not be allowing it anymore. It is hit and miss with them.
As for DHL... we have been through this before with them remember? It was known as Airborne Express before. They merged with DHL and decided that AE's reputation for being a 1/2 ass delivery company would change simply by adopting the DHL name. Thats kinda funny when you have the same under-paid delivery drivers literally throwing around packages... maybe thats where they should start to make a change for the better.

BriarpatchHerps
11-06-2004, 02:39 PM
According to the Post Master General a very large merger is being proposed. USPS has all of their packages transported to/from the airports by FedEx. If the proposal goes through DHL, UPS, USPS and FedEx will all be available at the same shipping locations. I do believe this to be a real proposal because it would completely explain all of the changes in shipping companies happening at the same time. It sounds like a great idea but I can also forsee that it's going to be confusing as hell.

SSReptiles
11-06-2004, 02:46 PM
DHL is very high priced to send things anyway.