PDA

View Full Version : Hybrid Grey Banded and AZ mountain

Scarlett_Fawn
11-05-2004, 06:36 PM
Hi-

I know nothing about hybrids and what not, so I was wondering if I bred two grey banded and AZ mountain king hybrids together whether or not the babes would look like their parents.

reptilebreeder
11-05-2004, 10:54 PM
I haven't seen any actual offspring from such a cross, but most of the time in such cases it varies. You get some that look more like one parent, some that look more like the other parent, and some that have characteristics from both parents. It's variable, sometimes all the offspring from a clutch will look like just one of the above catogories.

Scarlett_Fawn
11-06-2004, 12:48 AM
Oh, I have seen one before in a book... it was captivating! It's white with orange bands and black outlining them and outlining some of the white scales. I saw it in this book I just bought called "Designer Reptiles and Amphibians." I guess my real question is whether or not snake hybrids can reproduce other hybrids or if it's like a mule thing and they can't reproduce after their own kind.

reptilebreeder
11-06-2004, 01:24 AM
Funny, I stated I've never seen one of those particular hybrids, but I have that book.:rotflmao:
Yes, most of the hybrids I have heard of can produce offspring. They all produce as I noted in my last post. Usually with a mix of likenesses.

Scarlett_Fawn
11-06-2004, 03:23 PM
Coolness... I wasn't sure if you were referring to the breeding of the two "purebred" snakes making weird patterns or the hybrid offspring. Well, that's interesting... I guess you'd have to work through the succeeding generations to stablize a hybrid then. Thanks!