PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Classified?

Patrick Dring
11-24-2004, 03:19 AM
Problem is, postings for animals by Canadian ppl are viewed by U.S. ppl primarily, and red tape makes it way harder than it used to be to ship there, so I have to turn ppl away who want animals.
Kingsnake.com has a cdn classified but they charge an arm and a leg for it, IMO they've gotten too big for their boots (or is it britches?) ...might you consider this, since you already have a Canadian section to the site...

WebSlave
11-24-2004, 09:19 AM
Well, this is the classic chicken and egg dilemma. I would be willing to set up a Canadian classifieds section if the traffic warranted it, but after setting up many different options that were (and still are) under utilized, I am naturally reluctant to do that without seeing the need first. Do I really want to take the time and effort to create a whole new section merely for a half dozen posted advertisements every week?

So how many posts are now in the classifieds here from Canadians? If it is a substantial number, then I will consider a separate section. But until then, maybe the best thing to do would be to clearly identify your location for potential customers. This will also make it more visible to me that there is a substantial amount of traffic coming from Canadian sellers to make it worthwhile to make any changes here to accomodate you all.