PDA

View Full Version : US Airways Ships :) how many ship with them?

Palex134
11-24-2004, 05:33 PM
I called Us air a couple days ago after being frustrated with other companies. I didnt want to register with delta and I wanted to ship legally and with approval. Anyway, they said I bring my animals a couple of hours before flight and have all the papers they require. They also said they would refund with proof of DOA or lost shipping. The only problem is it is a flat fee of 80.00!!! I guess good service costs money. How many people ship with US Airways?

Mark and Aimee
11-25-2004, 06:29 AM
I once tried to ship with US Airways. They couldn't even ship a snake from Denver, CO to St Louis, MO. How wonderful. Two major cities, and they don't have any flights. Not exactly a good service, if you ask me. I haven't called them since.

I didnt want to register with delta

Why not? I am Delta verified. It took less than a week for me to get paperwork, inspected, verified, and on the known shippers list. And Delta has yet to fail me (something I can't say for any other shipping company).

Mark

chondrogal
11-25-2004, 01:00 PM
In my only shipping experience with USAir I received a $1900 snake to my local airport. After running circles trying to find where my package would be delivered (Ontario airport in CA) the USAir rep closed and locked small "office" door and walked away. I thought just for a break. I waited... and waited.... about 45 minutes later I saw a box turning on the luggage turnstile just like a regular suitcase would be going around and around.

Looked like a possible snake package to me... went over, it had my name on it so I picked it up, walked over to corner, opened package and walked out of the airport. There was NO signature required!! Anybody could have walked off with it.

I did attempt to ship once using USAir, from Southern CA to Seattle Washington, there was no route that would fly remotely direct. Went from west coast to east coast then back again. Not a very viable alternative to Delta IMHO especially for those on the west coast.

8BallPythons
11-26-2004, 02:02 PM
I've been shipping with US Air for several years and they have always been great. I usually select the airline I'm going to use by the most direct flight and sometimes US Air does better than delta. US Air's customer service is awesome!

Be sure to specify cargo to cargo shipping or they will bring the snake up to the terminal which might cause some confusion.

United and Northwest also ship snakes without being a "known shipper" you just have to leave your box open for inspection when you show up.

Hope this helps.

-adam