PDA

View Full Version : Multiple accounts?

Scarlett_Fawn
12-06-2004, 06:52 PM
Do you think it would be okay for me to open up another account here under a new e-mail address since I can't get this account changed or deleted? I asked the admin, but got no response (odd, since he was replying within seconds of my other couple questions before that one...)

Thanks,
Brenda

MR_Jungle_Mist
12-06-2004, 07:28 PM
Are you just wanting to change the email address? If so you can do it in User CP. It will allow you to change your email address just by using your password as verification. If you are looking to change your login....I'm not sure why you'd want to do that. It looks perfectly fine to me. It's just a login in name. What matters is everything else you put on that account / in your profile.

WebSlave
12-06-2004, 08:05 PM
Brenda, I did reply to your questions. I told you that I would only be changing user login names for Contributor members as a special courtesy to those members. This is something I have to do manually, so I figure my time is best spent helping those people who are actively helping to support this site with their contributions.

Actually, your request was to delete your account from this site, to which I replied

No can do. You have posts all over my site that would either have to be deleted as well or be left with no user name associated with them.

What I have done is made a slight policy change whereby I will do manual requests such as name changes for those people who have become Contributors to my site. I figure the extra perks and consideration, as well as some enhanced capabilities, will make it worthwhile for people to consider contributing to the support of the site.

Sorry if this sounds mercenary, but I'm trying hard to figure out ways to keep from having to charge a flat fee to make ends meet for what it costs me to run that site.

When I told you this, your reply was

Okay, whatever... can I have 2 accounts then?

At that point, I felt no need to continue the conversation.

Scarlett_Fawn
12-06-2004, 08:07 PM
Hmmm, so is that a "yes," or "no?"

Scarlett_Fawn
12-08-2004, 06:00 PM
Rah, and still no concrete answer! Oh well, I will assume that it's preferred for me to just be content with my current name and not to open up a different account.

If you're still looking at this thread, I just want to say thanks for investing so much in an extremely useful site for everyone that helps improve animals' and their peoples' lives!

Karen Hulvey
12-08-2004, 09:28 PM
Okay, I'm being super nosey here so answer if you want to. Why do you want two accounts?

Karen Hulvey
12-08-2004, 09:30 PM
Okay, I'm being super nosy here so answer if you want to.
Why do you want two accounts?

I took Webslave's answer to the two accounts as a no.

Scarlett_Fawn
12-09-2004, 03:12 AM
I don't really want TWO, but I know that only contributors can get a name change and I can't get my current account deleted. I'd like a different name- mostly since I am going to try my hand at breeding and I thought it might make things simpler to just use my "business" name now and build up a reputation for when I'll start selling. It's not that big a deal... I can still be tracked down by my real name and what not, and who knows, maybe sometime I will be a contributing member (by donating money, right?) and can get it changed then... lol I didn't think it would be so complicated... :eek:

Karen Hulvey
12-09-2004, 11:18 AM
Just put your business name at the bottom with your real name in larger letters w/a different color, sorta like I've done my name. It'll get the same results.

Scarlett_Fawn
12-18-2004, 03:13 PM
Thank you, that is an excellent suggestion.