PDA

View Full Version : Chat Rooms Simplified

WebSlave
12-07-2004, 12:56 AM
When we did the upgrade here, I decided to eliminate the direct links between the various discussion forums and the chat system, since they were mostly going unused. 99 percent of the rooms in the chat system were not being utilized, so I felt it was senseless to keep them around. I couldn't see the sense in paying my programmer to do the coding necessary to bring that functionality over to the new system.

So, just a few minutes ago, I removed all of the superfluous chat rooms and consolidated them into generic Meeting Rooms #1 thu #3. I suspect they will not be heavily used either, but they are there if a few people want to get out of the lobby for a chat with some people away from the *crowd*.

I believe the CornSnakes, Ball Pythons, and Leopard Gecko rooms are still being used, so they have remained.

If anyone believes that another chat room is needed, get 50 signatures on a petition, attach it to a $20 bill and send it to me, and I will consider it..... :)

MR_Jungle_Mist
12-07-2004, 03:07 AM
g/d it - I misread that........I got $50 together and 20 signatures.......Now I need to make 30 MORE friends! *sighs* I'll NEVER get my coffee room at this rate! :crazy03: