PDA

View Full Version : Pro Exotics PE2 Temp Gun

IanV
12-19-2004, 11:18 PM
http://www.tempgun.com/order.html#pe2
I ordered one recently as a Christmas gift for myself, but I didn't actually do any research on these :doh!:
Has anyone used them? Did they work fine?
I have never really had much trouble with PE in the past, but I know a few others have. What are your opinions on the temp guns?

Ian

ms_terese
12-19-2004, 11:21 PM
Love it! Lots of bells and whistles!

IanV
12-19-2004, 11:25 PM
Thanks Terese,
Does the laser work well for actually sighting in on where you want to take the readings? I guess I should have done the work before hand, but whats the fun of impulse purchases if you don't worry a bit later!

ms_terese
12-19-2004, 11:38 PM
It seems to; although the little one we've had from Radio Shack for a couple of years now (which we spent a whopping $15 for) seems to work just as well. The truth is, it's fun to play with, but once the initial infatuation wears off, you end up pointing and clicking on each side of the enclosure and that's about it. :shrugs: I'm expecting to use it more cautiously once we get some eggs in the incubators, which should be pretty soon.

Hope you like yours!

IanV
12-19-2004, 11:54 PM
Thanks for the info. I noticed they were a blast to play with at a friends house, which is why I originally ended up buying one, but I hope it will help raise my husbandry another notch (my husbandry isn't bad, i promise!).
I am glad I found this section of the site. Didnt even know it existed until yesterday! Too many years spent posting only on two forums I guess!

Thanks, and good luck with the eggs if you get any

paulv
12-20-2004, 05:41 AM
I also recently ordered one for myself. I use it everyday, for the last 2 weeks and the service i got from PE. was just great. Very handy tool to have. Was quite suprised by some readings that i took, never realised that is was that hot.

I am very happy with my purchase, and will reccomend it to those that do not have one yet.

paul.

Renshai
10-23-2008, 04:47 PM
I bought one about 3 weeks ago, at the PE facility as its just down the road. Have gotten many "things" from them and have been treated really really well by everyone there. The PE-2 is actually a really good piece. It works just like its supposed to and is pretty darn accurate as well. I use it EVERYDAY, several times a day and its a johnny on the sopt tool. I HIGHLY recommend.