PDA

View Full Version : Sellers at the White Plains reptile shows- any to look for or stay away from?

DragonCharm
12-20-2004, 02:30 PM
I will be going to the Jan 15-16th reptile show in White Plains. Since I can't post here as I come across vendors I would like to prepare a list of people that I should buy from or ones to avoid that are usually there. I will be looking for balls, corns, and crested geckos.

nicolai
12-20-2004, 02:52 PM
these are a sure safe bet to buy from at the white plains show.

Reptile Kingdom - Allen always has a wide variety of healthy animals to choose from at a good price. He also has a vast knowledge of reptiles in case you have questions about things he is selling.

Regal Reptile - Sean is always ready to make a good deal on anything.

Russ Lockenwitz - great cages for good prices

Don & Robbie Hamper - lots of awesome geckos

Manhattan Herps
12-20-2004, 03:52 PM
adding to that "BUY FROM " list

AMgecko, GREAT people. and great prices

KirksHerps, awesome guy, very nice hypos, carrot tails and stripes

LIreptiles, John is usually with the long island herp society, look out for their sign and ask for him

Glenn Bartley
12-21-2004, 07:49 AM
The LIHS tables (two tables one for the society and one that members sell from) are usually to the right as you walk in, next to last aisle, one set up away from the far end right between Don Hamper and an LIHS member table. Vin Russo is right next to us on the other side. I can attest to the fact that John Heiser of LIReptiles has some great Geckos and Uromastyx for sale - he breeds them. Rich Hume also of the LIHS usually has great corn snakes and Hognose snakes - he breeds them. Rich had an article appear in a recent Reptiles - he is a top notch Corn Snake Breeder. Vin Russo also a member, has his own table, and he sells some fine quality animals. I will be at the table with John and Rich myself with limited animals, some kingsnakes and hognose snakes, and some hardware like probes. I can also recommend Catalina Roades for frozen Rodents usually up near the front over to the far left as you walk in.

Just for the record, the LIHS does not sell animals at all. The members who are there selling are doing so personally and not as part of the LIHS. So if you buy from anyone at our table you are buying from an individual seller and not from the society. We do have two tables, one from which to sell and the actual LIHS info table. They are next to each other for convenience so we can also man the LIHS table in turns to give out info about the society.

Enjoy the show, it is a good one.

All the best,
Glenn B

DragonCharm
12-25-2004, 04:49 PM
Bump! Anyone else?

E2MacPets
12-26-2004, 09:12 AM
Taino Reptiles

Chris@TSE
01-17-2005, 11:57 PM
I personally picked up $1100 in geckos from AM Gecko at this past weekends show in White Plains, and spent a good hour chatting it up with them. Good people, highly recommended.