PDA

View Full Version : Sssnakes Reptile Rescue Service Of Ohio

SnakeCharmerGuy37
12-22-2004, 07:23 AM
I have 22+ years experience in dealing with every kind of reptile from turtles to toads to snakes to lizards to frogs to gators you name it ive delt with it i have been running this non -profit reptile rescue service out of my home for over 12 years now ive placed everything from gators to toads to frogs to snake to lizards some in excellent health & some with limbs lost on iggys due to inproper care & experience i will resuce regardless of length & or weight any snake,turtle,lizard,frogs,toads,gators,spiders,scr opians from any unwanted,abused,neglected,abandoned home thats in need of rescue if it swims,crawls,slithers,walks,hops ill rescue it regardless of attuide & health no questions asked never a fee if i do find a animals abused to a point all that can be done is taken in & put down i will report that condition & problem & person to the capital area humane society so charges can be filed against the owners on any abuse/neglect calls or responce i get if your unexperienced you shouldnt own a reptile or animal of any kind my suggestion would be to read books watch videos check out web sites on the animals you desire to own before going out & buying one common sense makes good sense animals are here for our learning & enjoyment dont destroy it for them or us animal lovers if im need contact me by e-mail i rescue in ohio charging no fee's any donations offered should be in form of tanks ,screen lids,reptile food,bowls,light fixtures,light bulbs,heat pads(no heat rocks) cages news paper a fee will be charged for out of state of ohio rescues for fuel cost & travel expenses only limited travel areas outside ohio include west virginia,p.a.,ill,mich no other states fee's determained later thanks CentralOhioSnakeCharmerGuy.. :cool:

sugarkornbizkits
12-22-2004, 06:04 PM
I was wondering if you had any leopard geckos or female bearded dragons that are in need of a good home. I can adopt them if you do. It doesn't matter to me if they are missing toes/limbs/tails. I just want to provide them with a good home. When I'm done with college, I would love to start my own reptile rescue. :) P.S. I live in NE ohio.

SnakeCharmerGuy37
12-24-2004, 08:04 AM
Hello well im glad your interested in the rescue service buisness we need more people who have lots of experience with reptiles to help take in treat care for & find homes for unwanted/abused/neglected/abandoned reptiles & other animals im sorry to say i cant help you with geckos havent ever had any in my service honestly just lots of massive huge snakes & of course from time to time iggys as everyone gets them as pets never handle them then lack of calcium /proper lighting because the light in their rooms keep them awake so they turn it off & forget when they go to school then for get for 3-4 days lights off & so iggy acts weird & slow so they turn the light back on try to handle it its mean smacking tail breaks tail tip off because its so sickly un feed no light swelled up legs from no calcium lighting then they call me & say hi we have a iggy we dont want anymore & ill go collect them get them healthy call capital area society turn in that old owner so they get fined & possiable court date for their animal abuse & neglect & so they will never attempt to own another reptile ever again because their actions with the recued iggys its sad world we live in when people say hey lets go by junior who is like 10-15 with no clue on how to handle a snake they go out & buy him a burmese python which can reach over 6-8 /ft in a years time when they bought it tho at show or store it was only 28 inche long cute baby nice tame two days later from not feeding it or handling it for some reason DUH its striking at the glass trying to bite the kid & parents & they wonder why instead of selling it then or taking it back to where they got it they will turn it loose in the wild & it dies from weather 3 days later or they worse even keep it untill its 8/ft long mean as sin keep throwing food into it never touching it then they call me & say we dont have time for it anymore & its mean & under weight & half dead or worse yet they move out & leave it in the old apartment or half double or house & it gets out finds no one around but house field mice in the basement where it lives in the rafters above ceiling landlord comes in find empty cage gets rid of it to the curb & a month later the new tenents who hate snakes find it coiled on top of their nice warm dryer or worse yet it attacks them or trys to when they enter the basement because they surpriced it in its new big cold home with a nice warm dryer while its eating thei family cat its all been seen & rescued trust me its a shame it all happens but education is everything & sad to say not many have the education or care to have it before trying to own a darn fish let alone a 28 inch cut little baby snake or a iggy whos tame at pet store but at home is a beast with out proper lighting & heat & handling so i wished i could have helped you ill keep you in mind in case but this time a year in ohio its a little slow now & im just getting re started at the rescue service i had it up & running for 12 years then took a break because no calls or buisness now i just got back into it but you will be kept in mind thanks have a great day Harley

JAOA49
12-24-2004, 10:50 AM
What Kinds of snakes do you have???
I'm Interested in Boa's & corn snakes
if you have any up for adoption and have pics of em pleaz let me know by E-mailing Me @ Jaoa49@yahoo.com I'm hoping mom lets me Expand and I am Expanding cage space so let me know.

If your willing to ship that is, I'll pay for shipping....

Thanks,
Jacob

sugarkornbizkits
12-24-2004, 08:31 PM
Yea. I've been trying to get experience with different types of reptiles. I've only kept reptiles for about a year now. I still live with my parents and after years of bugging them, they finally let me get a leopard lizard. (not a gecko) I traded him for a bearded and I just recently adopted a male leo from my old high school science teacher. My parents still won't let me get a snake, so I have no experience with snakes. I love them though, they are just so beautiful. I don't really have enough room for anything bigger than a bearded. I didn't find out about reptile rescue until a few months ago. The more I read about it, the angrier it made me. I just couldn't believe how ignorant some people are! :hot: The one time when I went to the pet store to buy some crickets, one of the people that work there sold this one lady not just one, but TWO iggys!!! I tried to talk her out of it, since I knew that she was buying them on impulse since both her younger kids were there and they both wanted one because they were SOOO cute. She just wouldn't listen to me because she figured I knew nothing about reptiles since I didn't work there. :mad: Since I found out that there are no rescues in my area, I would like to start one of my own in a few years once I graduate college and move out on my own. I'm probably going to rescue all reptiles (except venemous and crocs) and probably some smaller exotic mammals and dogs and cats if I have room. :scatter:

Also, everyone have a very Merry Christmas!! :deer: :santa:

ChameleonGurl
12-25-2004, 11:07 PM
where are you located in ohio. What kinds of lizards or frogs do you have for adoption. I am located in warren ohio and looking for new herps

ms_terese
12-26-2004, 11:03 AM
Charlie,

You might want to verify to everyone on this board that you have the proper paperwork for a non-profit rescue. There are many people who start threads like this in order to get free animals, so it's best to verify up front your tax status and your license to do animal rescue/rehab.

xbeaRdiExbaBex
01-01-2005, 02:04 PM
i might possibly be able to take in a couple beardies and/or leos, just let me know just can't tkae in any sick or mean ones THANKS! i am 12, i do have a beardie and a rankins and would love to help some dragons, mine are very healthy and spoiled! :eatpointe

Lucille
01-01-2005, 02:49 PM
Charlie:

I am glad you are a rescue. Rescues are good.

However, you say in your post that 'education is everything' (I agree) but then also say that you will try to take neglectful owners to court. I think that is a mistake.

If you build your rescue through rehoming efforts and education, your reputation will grow and you will end up helping lots of critters.

If you start legal proceedings for unintentional neglect, that reputation will spread also and people will be more hesitant to call, fearing reprisal.

I have no problems with legal sanctions for intentional cruelty of any kind. But if we are talking some suburban mom that buys a little iggy, and the pet shop either did not clue her in or outright lied about the requirements of iguana ownership, then legal proceedings are inappropriate. Someone like that is not going to buy another lizard anyhow.

just my 2 cents......

Why don't you post the critters you have for adoption, there are people here on Fauna that can give good homes.

ironnicky
01-09-2005, 06:57 PM
been taking care of redtail for 8 years and kings for 4 :) years you can email me at ironnicky99@hotmail .com

BoaJim
02-02-2005, 03:27 PM
I would love to adopt a Boa Python or monitor from you. I have been into reptiles for about 8 years and am ready for a few new friends around here. I am Located in Indiana but will drive to where you are to pick something up. I have a few spaces open in my collection for large reptiles. I love Retics Burmese Pythons, Boas and large monitors. I have a few of each already and would not mind getting some more. Let me know if you have anything to adopt. My E-mail is bachatta2@aol.com. If you would like me to send pics of living arangements I would be happy I make stackable cages and have more cages then I do reptiles so let me know.

crazycorn
02-02-2005, 06:14 PM
Do people ever stop asking for free animals?

sugarkornbizkits
02-02-2005, 09:36 PM
Yes, there are some people that just want free animals, but not everyone is like that. I have adopted a leopard gecko, and am waiting for it to warm up some to have another leo shipped in. I paid adoption fees for both of them. I just want to provide caring, forever homes for them. I would take in a lot more animals, but I just don't have the room right now. All of my animals are spoiled rotten and oh, do they know it. :rolleyes:

sugarkornbizkits
02-02-2005, 09:54 PM
James, I do know of a reptile rescue located in Cincinnati, Ohio. I don't know if that's too far of a drive for you, but they always have larger snakes and monitors/iggys up for adoption. They do have an application that you have to fill out first, before they allow an adoption to take place. Their website is www.arrowheadreptilerescue.org If you don't find what you're looking for there, I can look up some other rescues that are also located in southern ohio.

Nessa
02-18-2005, 04:28 AM
I was wondering if anyone knows where this rescue is located. I noticed that the question was never answered. The only reptile rescues i have heard of in ohio other than us (herphaven reptile rescue) was arrowhead, bear's house of reptiles, and minerva's den. Thanks for the info if you have it.

Vanessa

SnakeCharmerGuy37
05-28-2005, 10:09 AM
nothing up for adoption at this time sorry i have been very busy out of town...ill post what ever i have for adoption on the site when it comes available thanks Harley

SnakeCharmerGuy37
05-28-2005, 10:16 AM
Hi no need to prove anything with tax papers as this is a non-profit buisness i do on my own free time nothings taken in & kept unless its somethinhg i want if i call it rescue thats what it is i rescue unwanted,abandoned,abused,negelected animals i have been doing it for over 13 years now & been dealing with reptiles for over 22 years i dont need some one trying to act like im diss honest or a liar im doing a good thing for free to all the people out in the world who go out & buy a cute little burmese python thats only 22 inches long & inside a year its over 7 f/t eating rabbits where it used to eat mice & all because the pet stores dont explain anything like that & the customers will buy anything no matter what if its cute regardless of what experience they have & thats why we end up with so many unwanted,abused,negelected abandoned animals everyday so thos who know me or want to trust me do so for those like your self who fell im diss honest or out to make a profit thats your choice there is no money to be made off rescued animals here if there is any kind of charge at all its to help me pay for vet bills & food or if i have to travel outside of ohio which is very,very rare thanks for your concern but im fine thanks bye Harley

SnakeCharmerGuy37
05-28-2005, 10:33 AM
First off all animals are posted here if there is any up for adoption how ever as you all can see there is none not many calls for rescues in ohio where im located secondly as for you saying what you did about me taking some one to court well ....far as im concerned there is no such thing as....as you put it ......unintentional neglect if you go to buy an animal & you dont know anything about raising or caring for that certain animal then you work 40+ hours a week & you never handle it or feed it or spend time at all with it going into the animal purchase you should read books,magazines & so on about that certain animal & be sure its what you want & that your able to care for it the way it needs to be cared for there for yes if a person buys 1 iggy then doesnt have proper lighting or food & doesnt handle it & then goes out gets 5 more tanks with 5 more iggys then negelectes or abused or what ever to a total of 6 now iggys then yes that person deserves to be taken to court & fined heavily & during that process they are also required to take a special course on owning & caring for animals to complete their punishment because if your old enough to go buy this stuff & your not a kid which will usually require a parent if your not old enough anymore at pet stores then you did know from the start that you wouldnt be able to do it & at a certain point if you dont realize your abusing or neglecting or what ever a animal when its legs are swelled from unproper lighting & feeding & or it become agressive & bitting & with drawn then you have some serious issues & you shouldnt own any animal or kids for that matter it would be like leaving a child in a diaper 24 hours in its own urine & waste & then thinking at the next morning well i suppose i should change your diaper you smell pretty bad now its been 24 hours wouldnt you consider that abuse or neglect & want charges filed on that parent of course anyone would its no differant with an animal thats the problem with society today everyones to soft & a slap on the wrist doesnt work the world the shape its in today is because of being to soft & saying stuff like"Now Now you done a bad thing dont let it happen again & we will let you go free" if they slapped big fines on them & or more serious charges then sooner or later the uneducated will try to become more educated before going any further in life if a child molster who has molested a child is smacked on the wrist & gets a year in prison then released into our neighborhood & he molest 3 more kids a year later who do we blame the parents or the courts see if the first time he done it they gave him 20 years he may have changed & never done it again because his punishment was so hard the worlds got to get stronger & tougher not softer...thanks harley

SnakeCharmerGuy37
05-28-2005, 10:39 AM
im in columbus,ohio thanks harley

Distel_24
06-13-2005, 07:01 PM
I am starting an educational program on wetland wildlife...really any reptiles you put up for adoption would be acceptable but crocodilians and turtle species would be the most wanted....I have tons of experience and keep/have kept a variety of reptiles and amphibians of all shapes, colors, and sizes....I would love for you to drop an email if you can at k_distel@yahoo.com Thanx Clarke

SnakeCharmerGuy37
06-16-2005, 07:41 PM
none up for adoption now rescues are slow in columbus guess there is to many people doing it now days not sure all i have is my baby burmese i breed for sale thats it sorry...ill post anything i get in for adoption thanks harley

SnakeCharmerGuy37
06-16-2005, 07:49 PM
as quick as i get any turtles in you will be the first i contact on adoption thanks for your intrest bye harley

SnakeCharmerGuy37
07-10-2005, 09:22 PM
Nope & people never stop trying to judge some one who's performing a wonderful act of kindness to help abused,neglected ,unwanted,abandoned reptiles either makes no sense to me of course these are the fools them selfs who are doing the abusing,neglecting,abandoning so go figure how far in life these fools will get not far i assure you thanks bye~ :dgrin:

SnakeCharmerGuy37
07-10-2005, 09:30 PM
no need to prove anything to you because seems your the only one complaining cant prove its non-profit if you dont need a licenses to do it in my area & if its non-profit how would i have receipts im doing a free service on my time why would anyone like yourself try to interfere with such non-sense & resquest ive been doing this sort of non-profit for over 13 years & i have over 22 years experience at dealing with every kind of reptile there how could i profit off of using my gas in my car to go get some one elses unwanted abused neglected,unwanted reptiles then spending god only knows how much on vet bills to have them checked & treated heck even if i was to sell everything i was to rescued over there years id still never would of covered what i spend its not about making money or collect animals for my own collection its about the reptiles them selfs if you need any proof im non-profit find it the best way you can i know im honest & have no reason to lie to you or anyone else on this site im not a child im an adult with nothing to hide but thanks for your In -Put!

Shorty22
07-12-2005, 09:49 AM
Hey,
I am looking to adopt a new snake or two. I have adopted all of my snakes and gators, so that they have a good home. My one Burmese is 3 yrs old and was hardly 4 feet when I got her. Since people are so uneducated when they buy the snake, and have no idea how big it can get, then they decide to not feed it so much so it doesn't get that big. It is really awful. But I love the animals and am very well educated on their growth and needs. If you have any larger snakes or snakes that really need a good home. Please let me know.
Thank you,
Danielle

mrherper
07-26-2005, 01:25 AM
hey,
You wouldnt happen to have any large boas/pythons would you. Temperment and condition doesnt really matter. I have been keeping reptiles for 10+ years and i know how to fatten a reluctent/skinny snake up not to mention most of the snakes i keep (crotalus ssp.) are very finicky animals. Email me or call me at 913-908-3696.
Cheers, Ross

Liza714
07-28-2005, 05:41 PM
Could you please, please, please use some punctation? I would like to believe you are all that you say but your posts are nearly unreadable. Jeez.

icld
07-31-2005, 03:27 PM
I'm currently adopting snakes.

email me : ironcladonkey@hotmail.com

Griz
08-16-2005, 04:46 PM
Please see this forum with regards to Charlies frauds and selling off adoption animals ----> http://www.reptiforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=729

HerpVenue
08-17-2005, 06:43 AM
no need to prove anything to you because seems your the only one complaining cant prove its non-profit if you dont need a licenses to do it in my area & if its non-profit how would i have receipts im doing a free service on my time why would anyone like yourself try to interfere with such non-sense & resquest ive been doing this sort of non-profit for over 13 years & i have over 22 years experience at dealing with every kind of reptile there how could i profit off of using my gas in my car to go get some one elses unwanted abused neglected,unwanted reptiles then spending god only knows how much on vet bills to have them checked & treated heck even if i was to sell everything i was to rescued over there years id still never would of covered what i spend its not about making money or collect animals for my own collection its about the reptiles them selfs if you need any proof im non-profit find it the best way you can i know im honest & have no reason to lie to you or anyone else on this site im not a child im an adult with nothing to hide but thanks for your In -Put!

a. you say your from ohio.
b. the little thingy on the side says africa. (why would a 38 year old man do that)

profile on the side
Birthday:
March 25, 1967
Where did you hear about FaunaClassifieds?:
a friend
Full Name:
willy
Interests:
Reptiles
i work
Biography:
ATTENTION..LOSER..Bob Woodard is a fraud & liar who posted negative crap on me dont beleave this loser who goes by many names on Reptibid.com like...Griz...RickseiBert...BigWhat ever they are losers who only dream to be like me.DEAD BEAT BIDDERS!!!!!

your signature says.
Charlie Newsome
Owner Caretaker of
Sssnakes Reptile Rescue
In Buisness For over 15 years
reptile handling Buisness for over 22+ years...

your name on the side says WILLY.. your signature says your name is CHARLIE, ......but your sign some of your posts as HARLEY
a 38 year old can't follow directions......either that or he does not know his name.

Hey Charlie, Willy, Harley. Mr pretending to be 38 year old man
In business for 22 years? Someone asked you for a license and you can't show it.
You don't have a license because it is a non profit business? All businesses non profit or otherwise need a license
Your non profit business still needs to file taxes.
Your non profit business still needs to keep all receipts.
non profit business for 13 years
in business for 15 years
reptile handling business for 22 years.
so how long have you been in business 13, 15 or 22....choose one.

and you do need a license.

hey little kid......just go away.

HerpVenue
08-17-2005, 06:52 AM
Hello well im glad your interested in the rescue service buisness we need more people who have lots of experience with reptiles to help take in treat care for & find homes for unwanted/abused/neglected/abandoned reptiles & other animals im sorry to say i cant help you with geckos havent ever had any in my service honestly just lots of massive huge snakes & of course from time to time iggys as everyone gets them as pets never handle them then lack of calcium /proper lighting because the light in their rooms keep them awake so they turn it off & forget when they go to school then for get for 3-4 days lights off & so iggy acts weird & slow so they turn the light back on try to handle it its mean smacking tail breaks tail tip off because its so sickly un feed no light swelled up legs from no calcium lighting then they call me & say hi we have a iggy we dont want anymore & ill go collect them get them healthy call capital area society turn in that old owner so they get fined & possiable court date for their animal abuse & neglect & so they will never attempt to own another reptile ever again because their actions with the recued iggys its sad world we live in when people say hey lets go by junior who is like 10-15 with no clue on how to handle a snake they go out & buy him a burmese python which can reach over 6-8 /ft in a years time when they bought it tho at show or store it was only 28 inche long cute baby nice tame two days later from not feeding it or handling it for some reason DUH its striking at the glass trying to bite the kid & parents & they wonder why instead of selling it then or taking it back to where they got it they will turn it loose in the wild & it dies from weather 3 days later or they worse even keep it untill its 8/ft long mean as sin keep throwing food into it never touching it then they call me & say we dont have time for it anymore & its mean & under weight & half dead or worse yet they move out & leave it in the old apartment or half double or house & it gets out finds no one around but house field mice in the basement where it lives in the rafters above ceiling landlord comes in find empty cage gets rid of it to the curb & a month later the new tenents who hate snakes find it coiled on top of their nice warm dryer or worse yet it attacks them or trys to when they enter the basement because they surpriced it in its new big cold home with a nice warm dryer while its eating thei family cat its all been seen & rescued trust me its a shame it all happens but education is everything & sad to say not many have the education or care to have it before trying to own a darn fish let alone a 28 inch cut little baby snake or a iggy whos tame at pet store but at home is a beast with out proper lighting & heat & handling so i wished i could have helped you ill keep you in mind in case but this time a year in ohio its a little slow now & im just getting re started at the rescue service i had it up & running for 12 years then took a break because no calls or buisness now i just got back into it but you will be kept in mind thanks have a great day Harley

hey Charlie, harley, willy.
38 years on this earth and you can't even put one gosh darn period?
Not one D@MN period.
Not one D@MN comma.
NOTHING.
And your in business? yeah right

Griz
08-17-2005, 10:24 AM
Ritchie, I realize your post was more rhetorical in nature but I think everyone here knows exactly why a 38 year old man, who is now officially the king of the run on sentence, would put information in his profile of that nature. He is a world class idiot.

Griz

schtickl
08-24-2005, 02:53 PM
Got bearded dragons? EMAIL schtickl@gmail.com if you do

DAND
08-24-2005, 03:08 PM
Got bearded dragons? EMAIL schtickl@gmail.com if you do

I'd suggest reading up on this "person" prior to agreeing to anything.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/for...ead.php?t=71091

Hellbent66670
09-16-2005, 02:27 PM
Hello my name is scott robertson i live in cleveland oh. i have many snakes myself and i love them! i have non venomous and venomous snakes and i also breed rats and mice chickens and rabbits for food for them... i build custom made cages depending on their needs... i will take any snake in any condition your willing to let go to help nurse back to good health and if you need any help in what your doing in any way as far as cages any type of feeders foods please let me know i think what your doing is a wonderfull thing and we need alot more people like you in this world of ours hats off too! you if you need any help in any way please make me the first person you call thanks for your outstanding work... Hellbent66670@aol.com email me and i will give you my phone number and we can work together if you need my help in anyway... thank you!

Griz
09-30-2005, 02:01 PM
Oh brother. I find it amazing that people can type but yet somehow forget how to read!

Griz

DAND
09-30-2005, 02:15 PM
Oh brother. I find it amazing that people can type but yet somehow forget how to read!

Griz

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

What does look before you leap mean?

jglass38
09-30-2005, 02:49 PM
I am dizzy from what apparently is the world's longest run-on sentence (pending review by the Guinness people!)

HerpVenue
10-01-2005, 05:04 AM
I am dizzy from what apparently is the world's longest run-on sentence (pending review by the Guinness people!)
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

danielsmn1
10-18-2005, 07:32 PM
what types of large snakes do you have available for adoption? Feel free to shoot me a list of what is available. My Email address is danielsmn1@yahoo.com

danielsmn1
10-18-2005, 07:38 PM
What types of snakes do you have? Feel free to email me @ danielsmn1@yahoo.com

Griz
10-18-2005, 10:30 PM
Edited for content

danielsmn1
10-20-2005, 09:46 PM
[QUOTE=dutchoven]And yet another idiot......

Griz[/QUOTE

Hey Griz, New to this site bro. Hadn't read the rest of the threads. But next time if your comments aren't in regards to the original thread. keep them to yourself. thanxs ... Mike

ms_terese
10-20-2005, 09:59 PM
Hi Mike, welcome to Fauna!

I'm sorry you didn't read the entire thread. If you had, you'd have learned that the original poster is not a good guy. If you want to skip to the good parts, just start at Post #29 on this thread.

You'll learn as you peruse the forums that not all threads end up in the same vein in which they started.

TheHatMan
11-06-2005, 11:19 PM
Wow, I'm new to faunaclassifieds.com / online classifieds in general. To see a scam artist like this makes it quite discouraging for honest traders...

DAND
11-07-2005, 04:49 AM
Wow, I'm new to faunaclassifieds.com / online classifieds in general. To see a scam artist like this makes it quite discouraging for honest traders...

Mike,

Welcome. There are people like that out there but there are a lot of good people too. The BOI is a great tool to use when trying to determine which group a certain person/business falls under.

Griz
11-07-2005, 10:25 AM
[QUOTE=dutchoven]And yet another idiot......

Griz[/QUOTE

Hey Griz, New to this site bro. Hadn't read the rest of the threads. But next time if your comments aren't in regards to the original thread. keep them to yourself. thanxs ... Mike

And to you I owe an apology. The original bad guy in this thread just got under my skin and I made my comment in haste. Again, my apologies.

Griz

JD1014
11-20-2005, 03:23 PM
Hello SnakeCharmerGuy- Where are you located in Ohio? My cousin has a 1 1/2 yr old Monitor Lizard and he's a 1 1/2 ft long. My cousin is in need of finding him a home because he's moving to Florida and can't take him with him. Would you know anywhere close to Dayton/Springfield that would be willing to take him soon? He's coming up for Thanksgiving and is leaving the day after. Please email me and let me know as soon as possible. Thank you so much

I have 22+ years experience in dealing with every kind of reptile from turtles to toads to snakes to lizards to frogs to gators you name it ive delt with it i have been running this non -profit reptile rescue service out of my home for over 12 years now ive placed everything from gators to toads to frogs to snake to lizards some in excellent health & some with limbs lost on iggys due to inproper care & experience i will resuce regardless of length & or weight any snake,turtle,lizard,frogs,toads,gators,spiders,scr opians from any unwanted,abused,neglected,abandoned home thats in need of rescue if it swims,crawls,slithers,walks,hops ill rescue it regardless of attuide & health no questions asked never a fee if i do find a animals abused to a point all that can be done is taken in & put down i will report that condition & problem & person to the capital area humane society so charges can be filed against the owners on any abuse/neglect calls or responce i get if your unexperienced you shouldnt own a reptile or animal of any kind my suggestion would be to read books watch videos check out web sites on the animals you desire to own before going out & buying one common sense makes good sense animals are here for our learning & enjoyment dont destroy it for them or us animal lovers if im need contact me by e-mail i rescue in ohio charging no fee's any donations offered should be in form of tanks ,screen lids,reptile food,bowls,light fixtures,light bulbs,heat pads(no heat rocks) cages news paper a fee will be charged for out of state of ohio rescues for fuel cost & travel expenses only limited travel areas outside ohio include west virginia,p.a.,ill,mich no other states fee's determained later thanks CentralOhioSnakeCharmerGuy.. :cool:

DAND
11-20-2005, 05:51 PM
Hello SnakeCharmerGuy- Where are you located in Ohio? My cousin has a 1 1/2 yr old Monitor Lizard and he's a 1 1/2 ft long. My cousin is in need of finding him a home because he's moving to Florida and can't take him with him. Would you know anywhere close to Dayton/Springfield that would be willing to take him soon? He's coming up for Thanksgiving and is leaving the day after. Please email me and let me know as soon as possible. Thank you so much

Jennifer,

Please read this whole thread. This is NOT a person you would want to save an animal. This is a person who is looking to make a buck the easy way claiming to be a rescue.

sugarkornbizkits
11-20-2005, 07:51 PM
Jennifer-I know of a rescue in Cinncinati called Arrowhead Reptile Rescue. They seem they would find the monitor a good home. I think you have to pay a "donation" fee when you leave them an animal, though. There's also the Greater Dayton Herpological Society that takes in and finds good homes for herps, also. To see more in Ohio, just go to Anapsid.com and go under societies and rescues. Hopes this helps. Good luck in finding the little guy a home! :cool:

nascar
11-21-2005, 03:15 PM
Wow You Are So True Very Nice Letter I Live In Fl And There Are So Many Snakes That People Let Go And Then When Someone Finds It Cause It Is Eating All The People Cats And Dogs It Gives Snakes A Bad Name And It Is Not The Snakes Fault It Is The Owners That Let The Snake Go In The Wild People Like That Should Be Put Behind Bars And Never Let Out..... Bob

darkbloodwyvern
11-21-2005, 05:15 PM
people, please, check up on the people yoyu give and sell your animals to if it's at all possible, they may not be the best for your pet-don';t make your animal into a problem by not gvining them to a responsible rescue.

http://www.anapsid.org/societies/#lists
i have seen multiple people ask for free animals, claiming they are a rescue or shelter, when they are really just selling or neglecting the animals because they thought it would be "cool" to own a cobra or a twenty foot snake. be responsible, do your research. Melissa Kaplan's site is the best one around, please use her as a reliable source. The only good rescue in my county (humboldt, CA) is on her site, and they have been very helpful AND they are liscensed, which means they can take good care of any animals they recieve and are responsible enough to not take advantage of those who adopt animals from them. Please, for the animals sake, RESEARCH! :D those aren't angry caps, just desperately pleading ones.... :)

NMReptileRescue
11-21-2005, 09:23 PM
I can't agree more with Wyvern. You have to be REALLY careful about who you relinquish your animals to, and even who you adopt from. We recently had a listing stating that we were being overrun with RES, and that they were available to approved homes with adoption forms on file with us. I could not believe the number of "rescues" that crawled out of the woodwork, offering to take one or all... asking if we had other reptiles we'd like to "get rid of," etc. It's also good to find out what sort of veterinary care (if any) the animal will receive upon arrival at the rescue, the name and phone number of the rescue's vet, and then even google the vet clinic to make sure it's legit. We're a fairly new rescue, and have made ourselves an open book. I know if *I* was giving up one of my guys, I'd want to know EVERYTHING I could about the organization they were going to. Thank you for stating it so eloquently, Wyvern.

Jennie
NMRR

Nessa
11-30-2005, 01:40 AM
I completely agree. I know of a lot of resellers here in Ohio that claim to be rescue's and then sell the animals on reptileaution.com. They will only take an animal if it's worth money. Then when the "rescue" won't take an animal we get a call. The thing is a lot of the people we have dealt with are so determined to get rid of there animal any way possible the could care less who the give it to. Then you get the people who think that we are a horrible rescue because we deny there adoption application and that if we cared about the animals we would give them to anyone interested. We are located in Sandusky, OH and have drove all over this state to pick up animals and do everything possible to give them great homes. It makes me so mad that people like the guy that started this thread give us true rescuers a bad name and make people have to think twice about whether or not they can trust a rescue.

dawgy
12-01-2005, 12:22 PM
hello i am looking for beardies or red tail boa or ball pythons if you have any for adoption please let me know thank you

Cat_72
12-01-2005, 09:44 PM
This forum is for finding homes for snimals that need to be adopted, not for soliciting free animals.

joeb808
01-16-2006, 01:58 PM
hello. I live in indiana and it said that you are in ohio. I will help donate some stuff cages lights, and ect. if you can e-mail me at holtzrd@aol.com with what you have. thank you joe

Bringerofdoom
01-17-2006, 01:34 PM
I hate to agree with the majority of fauna here, but if you are trying to run a professional reptile rescue biz, you are not impressing anyone here.

First off all animals are posted here if there is any up for adoption how ever as you all can see there is none not many calls for rescues in ohio where im located This kinda bothers me here, i live in columbus ohio and we have a monthly reptile show about a mile from where i am at. There are tons of people who buy on impulse and need people to rescue these impulse buys atleast 2 months later. I gets tons of people looking for me to take them off their hands, i have to refuse because i just dont have the space. Alot of the people who come to these shows come from outside of columbus and sometimes out of state.

I have not really read anything you have posted, because of lack of punctuation and sentence structure. Anyone who is supposed to be a professional or business type of person should know how to create things like paragraph's and put periods at the end of each sentence. With the way you type you leave people under the impression you are someone under 20, looking for free animals that you cannot afford normally. We here at fauna and other message boards see this stuff all the time.

By the way, since you claim your biz name is Sssnakes Reptile rescue, do you own a business license? I am going to say no you don't at this point. Non-profit or not, which you are not a non-profit licensed orginization either. If you had some sort of real business title, besides a name you just made up, i should be able to find you here. http://serform2.sos.state.oh.us/pls/porthope/DEV.SAP_RPT_BUS_INFORMATION_SQL.SHOW_PARMS , but i get nothing.

darkbloodwyvern
01-18-2006, 02:08 PM
the guy hasn't posted in the thread for ages. hopefully we've scared him off. :D

brianhepp
02-09-2006, 06:42 PM
i need a female ball python or a female bearded dragon. i hate that people treat there animals like they r nothing and i want to give animals that have been rescued a second chance at live. so if u have one or a call beck number that would be great. i live in NE ohio. thanks

brianhepp
02-09-2006, 06:44 PM
im lookig for a female ball python or a female bearded dragon do u have any..

sugarkornbizkits
02-10-2006, 09:55 AM
i need a female ball python or a female bearded dragon. i hate that people treat there animals like they r nothing and i want to give animals that have been rescued a second chance at live. so if u have one or a call beck number that would be great. i live in NE ohio. thanks
Please read the whole thread. This guy is looking for free animals to resell for himself. If you're looking for a ball or dragon, a good place to go to would be petfinder.com I've seen a few balls up for adoption there. It might be a while before you see one up for adoption there-but it will probably be worth the wait.

irshforlife
07-29-2006, 08:18 AM
if there are any beardies that need adopted then i would be willing to take them and nurse them back to health and keep them or find them a good home when they are better. i currently have two beardies one male and one female both are still juveniles and i would love to take care of some adult beardies to see what the difference is to expect when mine grow up

Bob Kite
07-29-2006, 04:40 PM
if there are any beardies that need adopted then i would be willing to take them and nurse them back to health and keep them or find them a good home when they are better. i currently have two beardies one male and one female both are still juveniles and i would love to take care of some adult beardies to see what the difference is to expect when mine grow up

You should go back and read this entire thread, this ad was originally posted well over a year ago by a known scammer. I also want to make note that this forum is for those OFFERING animals up for adoption, please do not ask for free animals.