PDA

View Full Version : Help on Chinese Water Dragon Diet.

Voodoo Cild
12-26-2004, 01:07 AM
aright i have like 5 monitors of all different species and whats so great about them is their diet..im talkin about mice and rats...they are soo much better then having to deal with crickets......SOO i was wondering can Adult Chinese Water Dragons eat just strictly pinky and fuzzy mice...can that be the majority of their diet then give them crickets like once or twice a week every 2 weeks or soo.

i am interested in 2 adult CWD cuz i have a extra 7 foot by 4 foot cage laying around and i wanna get some new lizards

Kevin McRae
12-26-2004, 02:05 PM
No, they will get too obese that way, I wouldn't bother with crickets...get super worms, very easy to keep, they live for years, and are very healthy for your herps. You can feed them fuzzies 2 a month too.

Reptileking636
12-29-2004, 08:10 PM
Yeah Kevins right, but if you want them to get a little exercise throw some goldfish in their swimming place or just put some crickets on some of their climbing things and watch the fun begin, mine loves goldfish.

mightymello
03-07-2005, 12:00 AM
Yah, stay away from feeding to many pinkies, it will get me fat. As for fish... well Mine really doesnt give a left or right about the fish. Once or twice he has starteed em down, attacked and missed. And between water changing and stuff. If they dont get eaten right away there may be issues with water cleansliness, die to the fish. But if he eats them awesome. Try to get them eaten some veggies. Good dark lettecuies. That stuff, go ont to Google and look up Iguana's you may come across a iguna salad. So good for em. If they take it.
-Matt