PDA

View Full Version : Adult King growth

Mattcbiker
01-18-2005, 07:34 PM
With the demise of all functionality over at the forums at KS, I look forward to more traffic here!! I've got a question for those who have older kings. My Eastern girl is seven years old now, and I'm curious how much growth people have gotten from their snakes after this age. She was fairly small her first few years but has put on a lot of size in the last year now that I have been feeding her a lot more. She probably grew 6" in the last year and near 30-40% more mass. She's a bit over 4 feet and very solid, about three pounds. Any guestimates as to when/if she'll get to 5 feet?

Uncloudy
01-18-2005, 08:31 PM
I notice mine just tend to grow more in girth and just a little bit in length, like you posted. Although I do have a friend with a 10-12 year old Yuma Kingsnake that continued to grow longer and longer as it got older reaching about 6 ft in lenght. Maybe it depends on the subspecies.
Happy Herping,
Uncloudy

Uncloudy
01-18-2005, 08:36 PM
Oh about the kingsnake.com I like to use both as resources of information to always improve my knowledge of husbandry. The more information we can have the better and I haven't been at fauna very long, but I do notice kingsnake.com gets more posts. Either way I think the more resources of information we have about our hobby, the better.
Happy herping,
Uncloudy

Sasheena
01-18-2005, 10:19 PM
Beautiful snake.

As far as the question, I only have snakes with known ages that were hatched in '01, all my older animals are "age unknown", so I couldn't really share much of my own experiences.

As far as Kingsnake.com versus this forum.... both have their positive and negative attributes.

I like this forum because it is not so busy that it's impossible to keep track, and I like that one because I do know some people who only post over there, and I like to see how they're doing and what their animals are like.

But this is where I like to "hang my hat"

Mattcbiker
01-18-2005, 11:19 PM
Now that the kingsnake forum at KS has recently been split up into ELEVEN sub-forums, that forum is going to get really dead, unless you have time to navigate through all the needless forums. I will miss the variety and education I got from the old "one" general king forum.